It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know why people think La Liga isnt Physical, Messi gets the shit kicked out of him nearly every game and still carries barcelona, the CB we are linked to Diego Carlos tryed to kill him with a sliding challenge, plus in the champions league against english opposition he's played well.

Again, you are betraying the fact you don't watch actually La Liga. Messi has played in a very similar position to KDB all season.

If anything the comparison is far too generous to KDB, and I say that as someone who loves him as a player.
Is that compulsory? I didn’t realise
I watch it occasionally, along with the CL. Ive seen enough football over the decades to know signing any veteran is a risk. At that age a player’s ability and physicality can suddenly fall off a cliff. We've seen it with Yaya, Zaba, Ferna and for most of this season David.
There are serious holes in this squad that need addressing before blowing god knows how much of our budget on a Barca legend’s pension fund

Again, you are betraying the fact you don't watch actually La Liga. Messi has played in a very similar position to KDB all season.

If anything the comparison is far too generous to KDB, and I say that as someone who loves him as a player.

These are based on Messi's heat maps under each coach he played under
x7q2ep7mi7b51.jpg

Kev is up and down the pitch like a yoyo whilst Messi doesnt even break out of a walk when out of possession.

Is that compulsory? I didn’t realise
I watch it occasionally, along with the CL. Ive seen enough football over the decades to know signing any veteran is a risk. At that age a player’s ability and physicality can suddenly fall off a cliff. We've seen it with Yaya, Zaba, Ferna and for most of this season David.
There are serious holes in this squad that need addressing before blowing god knows how much of our budget on a Barca legend’s pension fund

It's not compulsory, but if you say things like "Messi doesn't play the same position as KDB" when he literally does, it does make you seem uninformed and completely undermines anything you say.

Messi has been an attacking midfielder for 2 or 3 years now.

Given the glaring weaknesses we have in the side, hoping Messi could paper over the cracks is absolutely desperate.
Would signing a centre half be hoping it would paper over the cracks of our poor finishing? No, because that would be idiotic reasoning.

If, and it's a big if, the club wished and tried to sign Messi then it's because he fits with what they want to do.

Literally as simple as that.

Given the glaring weaknesses we have in the side, hoping Messi could paper over the cracks is absolutely desperate.
Would signing a centre half be hoping it would paper over the cracks of our poor finishing? No, because that would be idiotic reasoning.

If, and it's a big if, the club wished and tried to sign Messi then it's because he fits with what they want to do.

Literally as simple as that.

I don't know why some people have invented the scenario where Messi is the only player we sign if he comes?

TH was pretty clear when he said that the 5th signing could be something massive. Not the only other signing.

We will get everything we need done, and then probably try to convince Messi to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.