It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Messi would definitely solve the replacing of Silva conumdrum. He's left footed too. Quiet demeanour. Ditched his previously luscious locks.

Yeah.

Oh man, now it's Foden OR Messi? We can't have both? Definitely don't have room for the best player in the world in that case!

There's so many intangibles with Messi.

You get the massive commercial growth and worldwide fanbase which doesn't go away when he retires. That means more money to spend every year in perpetuity.

You get players literally throwing themselves at you to play with him.

You'd have players like Phil and the next generation learning off him every day in training. Phil talks all the time about how much he picked up off Silva by playing with him in training, seeing the things he does time and time again.

You have a fear factor in the opposition which half wins some games before you kick off and conversely a confidence boost to your side, a belief they can win anything because Messi is there.

Probably entice Pep to sign for 3 more years.

It's funny, for a while I was thinking I wanted Pep to win a CL without Messi at City, because it's annoying constantly hearing "he can't win it without Messi", but I realise that I've probably got it backwards. You'd more likely win it with Messi, and continue winning when he retired and left behind a bunch of serial winners.
I think one problem is Messi, and to a point ronaldo, over 10/15 years have normalised what is far from normal. So a lot think just like any other player their form will suddenly drop off. But what he has isn’t form and even as he does tail off he will still be better than many those younger players at their peaks.

It's a bloody rumour, hardly the clubs wishes.

At this point, the past decade or so, who have we signed for the sake of if it? For the absolute craic?

A shame Jo falls just out of the decade requirement, that was surely for fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.