It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when you look at our problems this season, that shows how we seriously need to improve a number of positions, much more than we need Messi.
Our second problem after Cb is not having Messi a big game player who finishes when we need the most. A yaya toure. Messi is more than Yaya.

The problem with this comparison is that Fernandinho had the great pressing system we had with Silva + KDB ahead of him, and this season, Silva couldn't press anymore.

When Fernandinho played defensive midfield at the end of the season he got bypassed just as easily.

Rodri got dribbled past 1.45 times per match this season.

Fernandinho got dribbled past 1.66 times (only 5 times in the 3 games he played at defensive mid,all against lower table opposition)

Last season Fern only got dribbled past 0.57 times per game, but worth noting, that in 17/18, it was 1.41 - the same as Rodri this season.

As for being dispossesed, your stats are wrong. Rodri got dispossessed 27 times vs. 28 times for Fernandinho last season.

That's despite Rodri having the ball 600 times more over the season.

Kdb was out all of that season. And a great pressing system is only going to lower your numbers except possibly interceptions, as you have more work to do. And I think this was Dave's 3rd season not really pressing...his numbers are a lot lower compared to Peps first year and before

I have it as Fernandinho was dispossessed 13 times and miscontrolled a ball 25 times. Rodri was dispossessed 28 times and miscontrolled a ball 22 times.

If you compare 17/18 Dinho(i assume he touched the ball a lot more than Rodri did this season as he attempted 400 more passes) when he played behind Kdb and Silva then his numbers are still superior in every department other than dribbled past which has alway been a weakness of Dinho's hence why he got the label as a tactical fouler. And miscontrol at 35times.

Maybe the real difference maker is playing Bernardo is midfield.

Last edited:
Kdb was out all of that season. And a great pressing system is only going to lower your numbers except possibly interceptions, as you have more work to do. And I think this was Dave's 3rd season pressing...his numbers are a lot lower compared to Peps first year and before

I have it as Fernandinho was dispossessed 13 times and miscontrolled a ball 25 times. Rodri was dispossessed 28 times and miscontrolled a ball 22 times.

If you compare 17/18 Dinho(i assume he touched the ball a lot more than Rodri did this season as he attempted 400 more passes) when he played behind Kdb and Silva then his numbers are still superior in every department other than dribbled past which has alway been a weakness of Dinho's hence why he got the label as a tactical fouler. And miscontrol at 35times.

Maybe the real difference maker is playing Bernardo is midfield.

Our balance in midfield has been poor this season. Bernardo's form dipped drastically and Rodri for me has huge postives but also negatives. Gundogan for me is the weak spot and losing Fern to centre half upset everything as well....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.