It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably suggests more that it isn't Martinez then?

Admittedly, Barca haven't cemented this deal and Inter have asked about Cancelo.

I could live with a cash/Cancelo deal.

Martinez doesn't make sense to me. He plays 2x as many minutes and scores fewer goals than Jesus (11 from open play, 2 pens). Aguero is unlikely to love the kid who benched him for Argentina being brought in as his replacement. He's not a clinical finisher if you use the same big chances missed and xG metrics people bash Jesus with.

Kane makes sense from a football position when he's fit, although I would be v. nervous about the club sinking £200m into a bloke who's had 9 injuries and 4 surgeries in 4 seasons.

Havertz seems tied up.

Felix... I feel like he's in negative equity, so Atleti can't sell him yet.

God I hope it’s Haaland.
sport-preview-raiola.jpg

NO CHANCE

If I were to guess - Martinez, Kane or Havertz in that order?

Havertz I could understand given his versatility to play more or less anywhere outside of defence.

However, I just don't really understand rumours that we're thinking about signing a striker. How does Pep plan to rotate a line up of Aguero, Jesus and Martinez/Kane for 1 position?

Surely one would have to go before we can entertain it.

For me, the only big signing that makes sense this summer is Sancho. More so than Havertz in my opinion.

He would score 40 a season for us but how many games would be play?
He has glass ankles.
And if he signs for us he would have no chance of a knighthood!

If he scores 40 goals a season, does it really matter how many games he would play?

We have Sergio for another year, we have Gabs, we have Raheem - Foden will be chipping in with double figures next season.

City need to sort the Sergio successor this summer as next year the market may have corrected itself to previous prices or not far off.

Kane at 27 is a home PR win, he's lethal in the penalty box and, commercially, huge.

If he scores 40 goals a season, does it really matter how many games he would play?

We have Sergio for another year, we have Gabs, we have Raheem - Foden will be chipping in with double figures next season.

City need to sort the Sergio successor this summer as next year the market may have corrected itself to previous prices or not far off.

Kane at 27 is a home PR win, he's lethal in the penalty box and, commercially, huge.
Felix is 22, going to be an absolute sensational player.

Sam Lee said if City want more a glass nine type and Havertz makes way more sense but he heard nothing. Only heard they enquired about Felix again and knows atletico are very very cash strapped but a deal could cost close to 100m again and not sure if City would do that.

Martinez doesn't make sense to me. He plays 2x as many minutes and scores fewer goals than Jesus (11 from open play, 2 pens). Aguero is unlikely to love the kid who benched him for Argentina being brought in as his replacement. He's not a clinical finisher if you use the same big chances missed and xG metrics people bash Jesus with.

Kane makes sense from a football position when he's fit, although I would be v. nervous about the club sinking £200m into a bloke who's had 9 injuries and 4 surgeries in 4 seasons.

Havertz seems tied up.

Felix... I feel like he's in negative equity, so Atleti can't sell him yet.

I agree with your assessments on all those players.

However, I think Kane is obtainable for £100m this summer. Spurs are literally drowning and the player has also made it clear he is thinking about life away from the club he loves.

Perhaps throwing someone like Stones into the pot would also make Spurs think - Mourinho has twice tried to sign him.

Last edited:
Reactions: nmc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.