It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he scores 40 goals a season, does it really matter how many games he would play?

We have Sergio for another year, we have Gabs, we have Raheem - Foden will be chipping in with double figures next season.

City need to sort the Sergio successor this summer as next year the market may have corrected itself to previous prices or not far off.

Kane at 27 is a home PR win, he's lethal in the penalty box and, commercially, huge.

Personally think Kane would be a huge mistake - i think his injury record is concerning. I dont think his personality fits with the club either. (and that is seemingly important to the club/Pep). I also think he is vastly overrated

I agree with your assessments on all those players.

However, I think Kane is obtainable for £100m this summer. Spurs are literally drowning and the player has also made it clear he is thinking about life away from the club he loves.

Perhaps throwing someone like Stones into the pot would also make Spurs think - Mourinho has twice tired to sign him.

At that price I could just about get behind it...as long as someone made him shave and get a proper haircut.

Would be disappointing if we entertained a huge bid for Kane.
I don't see him working here as the player he is right now, his injuries are a huge concern and I'd like to think our scouting network could come up with a few more options for us.
I don't think he's in a rush to leave anyway is he? Seems happy being the big fish in a small pool.

I’d take Kane over everyone mentioned, assuming Haaland is unrealistic. He is exactly the kind of player that we keep crossing to, only he isn’t there.

Personally think Kane would be a huge mistake - i think his injury record is concerning. I dont think his personality fits with the club either. (and that is seemingly important to the club/Pep). I also think he is vastly overrated

Sorry Simon but you don't score the goals Kane scores if you're overrated.

Stays fit he'll pass Alan Shearers record.

Havertz I could understand given his versatility to play more or less anywhere outside of defence.

However, I just don't really understand rumours that we're thinking about signing a striker. How does Pep plan to rotate a line up of Aguero, Jesus and Martinez/Kane for 1 position?

Surely one would have to go before we can entertain it.

For me, the only big signing that makes sense this summer is Sancho. More so than Havertz in my opinion.

That would normally be the general consensus, but Sergio's age and contract status has to be a factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.