It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. Manchester born. I have lived in Paris and Manchester just doesn't compare.

For a player who has the lifestyle of Messi, Manchester will be a hard sell.

Depends where you live. He's unlikely to rock up in the city centre. He, like most Barca players, lives south of the city in Castelldefels. Much like most of the footballers for the Manchester clubs live in Cheshire suburbs. There have been plenty of Argentinians who have come to Manchester and stayed for a while. If Aguero has managed, with no one for company other than friends, Messi will be just fine with his family for a few years. And it's not like he can't private jet off to Paris or Milan or wherever he fancies whenever he wants to.

All day and thrice on Sunday. Mahrez is also a massive wage earner and would be the biggest wages offset.

Mahrez, Garcia and Angelino would be valued at around £100m.

If Txiki can get that deal done he can walk on water!!!!!!!!!!!
If we want and can get messi we have to accept it can’t all be in our terms
So maybe losing a player we want is gonna have to happen
Can’t say we want best player in world and he’s some dross!

As a Collyhurst/Moston lad born in the early 60’s i can tell you town is unrecognisable from the dump it was in the 70’s and 80’s, Manchester is a big tourist attraction now and growing by the year, a lot of the suburbs have suffered though and are rough as arseholes i don’t recognise the Collyhurst i grew up in even though we had fuck all or the Moston of my 20’s and 30,s one thing i di miss though the underground market on Market st, best place for clobber and music ever!
Agree entirely, but we see things very differently as we get older. Manchester not my home any more due to work but I still get a buzz when I’m there, although the piss, vomit and drugged up carcasses on market st lead to a ‘not in my day’ to the wife

Agree entirely, but we see things very differently as we get older. Manchester not my home any more due to work but I still get a buzz when I’m there, although the piss, vomit and drugged up carcasses on market st lead to a ‘not in my day’ to the wife
The walk up London rd from Piccadilly station to Piccadilly gardens and to Market st does us no favours,i live in Whitefield now which is decent though.

As a Collyhurst/Moston lad born in the early 60’s i can tell you town is unrecognisable from the dump it was in the 70’s and 80’s, Manchester is a big tourist attraction now and growing by the year, a lot of the suburbs have suffered though and are rough as arseholes i don’t recognise the Collyhurst i grew up in even though we had fuck all or the Moston of my 20’s and 30,s one thing i di miss though the underground market on Market st, best place for clobber and music ever!

Tbh, I do like Manchester - i've lived here all of my life, of course I do, but I can admit it is a bit of a shit hole too. Some nice bits here and there, but the thing that always strikes me when I go to other major cities around the world is how cleaner they are than here. The levels of rubbish, dirty paths (seriously, can we fucking clean the paths please? Bored of piss stains and vomit), a tragic homelessness problem, drug dealers everywhere, stinks of piss down most roads, possibly the most disgusting 'garden' of any major city ive been to. Manchester will always be home, and it has some class little bars and cool shops in places, but travelling a lot has certainly opened my eyes to its flaws! I'd never in a million years choose to live here if I was a millionaire footballer given all that and the rain! Sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.