It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any of us really believe there would be a day when we can look forward to seeing Leo Messi in a City shirt. Unbelievable - the implications of this deal are incredible - Pep will definitely be staying put for a while, the influence on Phil and Ferran will take them to another level, the international status of the club goes berserk. I am pinching myself - "is this for real?" Even at 33 he will be the difference when we play teams that sit back and allow us 70% possession. It's the one thing we have been missing - a player that can beat three or four players with ease when we need it most. Can you imagine a lineup with Kev, Rodri, Sterling, Torres, Sergio & Messi as our midfield and attack. Bernardo & Foden as rotation - It's mind blowing stuff.

I just hope that if he does end up at City, we allow him to do this. Last season, our wingers were either extremely reluctant to attack full backs, or they were instructed not to. The last thing I want to see is Lionel Messi spending most of his time, passing to Kyle Walker.

I'm not doing Sookie, much as I'd like to on a variety of fronts!!

I'm especially conscious of misleading the board or being made accountable for Messi's own decision-making process (he's retired from the national twice)

As I say, this all came to me originally via a decent contact in Abu Dhabi about a week or so ago and I know some CFG people have been getting very giddy ever since.

City just aren't the aggressor in this, hence why I had a YouTube meltdown on Saturday night, it was the first time somebody had said Messi's people had made the approach, rather than us, would be handing in a formal transfer request.

They have been bob on so far and seemingly City can have this all boxed-off.

My only concern remains the story becoming bigger than Messi and him being talked down like Kaka was at Milan.

Thanks for the info as always

I will take this with the huge hint at caution in that Messi could change his mind and not leave - the pressure on him must be huge from the Barca fans alone who he has loved for 20 years - thats a huge thing to overcome for him on a personal level and he will be very wary of his legacy with them and he will know all too well that the powers at be at Barca will try and smear his name in all of this thus damaging his legacy if he follows the path that he has set. (They have already tried a smear campaign against him)

Thanks for the info as always

I will take this with the huge hint at caution in that Messi could change his mind and not leave - the pressure on him must be huge from the Barca fans alone who he has loved for 20 years - thats a huge thing to overcome for him on a personal level and he will be very wary of his legacy with them and he will know all too well that the powers at be at Barca will try and smear his name in all of this thus damaging his legacy if he follows the path that he has set. (They have already tried a smear campaign against him)

He has now gone full sookie!

Are the blue cones out?
QuDiX2W.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.