It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Tolm.
SLY Sports had no idea at all last night, and really showed how little they knew in this potential transfer. That’s fine, it’s not their fault. However, I think the low point was when they said the Glazers had real pulling power, and they could sign Messi, because their very own Tampax Bay Buccs signed QB Tom Brady.

Heh heh, everyone knows the greatest QB in the NFL is Drew Brees 9 aka GOAT

It's Rodgers, but I get your gist :)

If we do hand Messi £50m to buy out his final year (just as PSG did with Neymar) it is a better optic for both him and Barca, rather than us coming to take him away in the purest aggressive sense?

We would still need to hand Messi another £50m as a signing bonus of his own, which is why I considered the back end option and a further signing fee from NYCFC.

But as you say, the MLS went to crazy lengths to accommodate Beckham and this would be on a completely different level altogether.

Perhaps we will have built the New York stadium by then with the SilverLake cash and what a way to christen it with the Lionel Messi?

Perhaps we offer him a stake in the CFG.

All I know is the cash is nowhere near an issue.
The stadium issue in New York is still on going due to the corporate greed of landowners in the city. Apparently it’s run almost mafia like and the club have twice found a plot for the stadium only for it to become entangled in a massive political issue. I keep a close eye on NYCFC stuff and the fans are fit to pull their hair out. Attendances have dropped continuously since their expansion and many are “giving up” until they have a home. A certain someone in three years with the prospect of a home could change that.
Sorry if not relevant just thought I’d share

Can work with any wide runner.

They did it to us & we did it to Manuel, works better than ever v stupid offside traps, which is why I'm even more surprised we have started using one.

Agreed but you need people in the box to bring the fullbacks narrow. The reason Alba has so much space, and Alves before him is that the winger is in the box so the fullback follows them inside and creates that huge space.

Mendy actually is very good at inside runs, so he could take the fullback inside and leave Sterling in the space on the left.

Agreed but you need people in the box to bring the fullbacks narrow. The reason Alba has so much space, and Alves before him is that the winger is in the box so the fullback follows them inside and creates that huge space.

Mendy actually is very good at inside runs, so he could take the fullback inside and leave Sterling in the space on the left.

The Mendy we signed, was terrifyingly good at making those runs outside tbf.

If we do hand Messi £50m to buy out his final year (just as PSG did with Neymar) it is a better optic for both him and Barca, rather than us coming to take him away in the purest aggressive sense?

We would still need to hand Messi another £50m as a signing bonus of his own, which is why I considered the back end option and a further signing fee from NYCFC.

But as you say, the MLS went to crazy lengths to accommodate Beckham and this would be on a completely different level altogether.

Perhaps we will have built the New York stadium by then with the SilverLake cash and what a way to christen it with the Lionel Messi?

Perhaps we offer him a stake in the CFG.

All I know is the cash is nowhere near an issue.

So effectively he’d join ADUG for 5 years (3 with City then with an option to go to the MLS for the final 2 years?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.