It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I just say, whrther this comes off or not, what a power move this is.

Barca tapped up <giggles> Eric Garcia, so we tapped up <guffaws> Lionel Messi.

LMFBO.

We just need to find a way to get Bayern now (although I suspect that selling them an very effective sub for a position where they already have a WC & CL winner as 1st choice & a WC runner-up & CL winner as 2nd choice, then recruiting a replacement for half the price is already pretty effective). :)

Can't help wondering how Garcia feels in all this, i did think at the time when Pep announced he was going to leave that the chance for him to play and train alongside Messi would be hard to turn down. Now he could end up to a Messi less Barcelona who are in chaos.

Maybe he has second thoughts, and if so would the club allow him to stay?

While I've not heard anything on this, you're always reliable and the figures make sense.

I reckon his base wage is around €400k a week, with the rest coming from commercial deals. That's what Paul Stretford did for Rooney, when everyone was reporting he was on £350k a week. He wasn't. He got around £200k from United and the rest through a joint venture between him and United that took a cut of commercial deals they'd negotiated where he was included as part of the promotion. There's about £20m of assets in that company currently.

We do our commercial deals through a company called City Football Marketing, which negotiates global and local contracts with sponsors and takes a commission. So I'd imagine we'd do something similar for Messi so it's his money and never touches City's books, bar the proportion of the marketing deals involving him that we keep.

Or we just give him 2% of equity stake for every year if his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.