It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so now.

He was even more favoured towards United than us last time around (don't know why)

Him and his dad have a lot of time for Solskjaer but they couldn't be sure he would be their long term manager and United didn't like the idea of handing over millions again to his agent.

Surely the question would be why City couldn't do the deal before Dortmund with Pep in charge?

Could see Bayern snaffling him up as Lewandowski replacement.

That's definitely the question.

We are going to greatly struggle to replace Aguro - I know you like the idea of Kane but I personally think its a terrible one.

I really beleive that once Aguero hangs up his boots we are going to struggle long term if we dont go big for someone . Not saying get rid of Jesus but he is showing that he isnt clinical enough on a regular basis

If I were to comment strictly based on heart, I would agree with you.

But in reality I don't think it'll be a concern at all.
First of all, we score around 100 goals each of the last two seasons, 100! Of which around 20 came from Kun. Goals come from our entire attack and midfield, with the occasional freak headed corner from our defenders. Just take a look at how many goals we have scored since his latest injury. It's a lot.

And secondly, - we will not try to replace Kun with another Kun, but instead go for someone else who will add to the totality of the squad. Now this someone else needs to be a great player, of course, but might have very different attributes than Aguero. I'm personally not sure of what kind of striker profile we are in need of to be honest, but I suspect it will be an even more all-round striker than Kun, someone more like Jesús, someone who will operate over the entire width of the field if called for, as well as doing a defensive job. Not an easy player profile to find.

But whomever it will be, it will NOT be a Aguero replacement. It will be something and something different. And who knows, - maybe someone who will make us even better?
In Pep and management I trust.

(Discalimer - I love Kun to bits and pieces.)

If I were to comment strictly based on heart, I would agree with you.

But in reality I don't think it'll be a concern at all.
First of all, we score around 100 goals each of the last two seasons, 100! Of which around 20 came from Kun. Goals come from our entire attack and midfield, with the occasional freak headed corner from our defenders. Just take a look at how many goals we have scored since his latest injury. It's a lot.

And secondly, - we will not try to replace Kun with another Kun, but instead go for someone else who will add to the totality of the squad. Now this someone else needs to be a great player, of course, but might have very different attributes than Aguero. I'm personally not sure of what kind of striker profile we are in need of to be honest, but I suspect it will be an even more all-round striker than Kun, someone more like Jesús, someone who will operate over the entire width of the field if called for, as well as doing a defensive job. Not an easy player profile to find.

But whomever it will be, it will NOT be a Aguero replacement. It will be something and something different. And who knows, - maybe someone who will make us even better?
In Pep and management I trust.

(Discalimer - I love Kun to bits and pieces.)
Totally agree. Pep will want someone who's main attribute will be to improve the team through both goals and enabling others to score.

With Kane I'm always torn as he's a greedy fucker who can look slow and clumsy at times, while his injury record isn't great.

However, he hits the back of the net at a brilliant rate and it's a habit you cannot teach. His veins are ice cold and he'd score hatfuls for us.

He can also take a pen.

I'm in.

If UEFA want real Financial Fair Play they need to cap Agents and associates commissions to a % of the transfer fee.

FIFA are in charge of transfers and they are trying to cap agents fees to 5% IIRC. Also banning them from representing more than 1 of the 3 parties involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.