It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's correct mate, the 'big name' signing is completely independent of the deals being prioritised.

One of those names where they basically have to click their fingers first.

I don't want to worry his haters, but the Grealish chatter is still about.

I was very anti-Grealish until I watched a few more Villa games at the end of the season and he's really very good. English Bernardo....but we already have the real thing and Foden isn't dissimilar out wide so not sure where he'd fit in.

We very rarely, if ever, sign the finished article. We buy players with the intention of developing and improving them, we do not sign the very best players or what could be defined as players hyped in the media because they don't represent value for money.

Even Fernandinho (the oldest outfield signing in recent years at 28) was bought with the intention of turning him from a well respected attacking midfielder into the best defensive midfielder we've ever seen, certainly in England, in my opinion.

It doesn't always work out but that's the intention. To expect us after all the success you've mentioned to change that transfer philosophy is wishful thinking. You might get the very odd exception (e.g. Koulibaly) but I personally don't think even that will happen unless Napoli significantly reduce the current asking price and he represents better value for money.
I find it amazing that some fans don’t get that. We’re never going to be the Real Madrid Galactico’s. Nor would I want us to be. I think we are entering the next phase of our development which is a more productive academy. That with buying players who can, as you say be taken on to the next stage and with the occasional Koulibaly appears to be the strategy. We’ll never be the type of club who spunks £180 plus million on an Mbappe or Haaland.

That's correct mate, the 'big name' signing is completely independent of the deals being prioritised.

One of those names where they basically have to click their fingers first.

I don't want to worry his haters, but the Grealish chatter is still about.
I’d take Grealish personally. HG and I think he’d improve a lot under Pep. Just really hope that Chilwell isn’t one of them.

Grealish is a good player but he would cost ridiculous money. Probably the same as Chilwell. Considering that Chilwell is younger, better (in comparison to other players in his position) and our need for a left back is far greater than our need for yet another number 10, I just can't see how we would go for Grealish instead. And I think it's unlikely we sign Chilwell either!

My problem with Grealish is, well, he's a bit of a bellend
I don't really know where Grealish would fit unless there's a shock and Bernardo get sold, but he strikes me as the kind of player who seems like a huge pain in the ass but becomes a fan favorite as soon as he plays for your team. I think everyone would come around pretty quickly.

Fucking Grelish! - i hope not - he is a wanker of the highest order and we simply dont need him - nor is he good enough. Ok player playing in a very poor team.

Kane (even though I dont want him) I can understand at a certain level but Grelish i just wouldnt understand on any level - he would lower the level of our squad!

So we have:

Ake and Torres - almost done

3 others - Koulibaly is obviously one, Alt Nouri is the next (possibly) - who is the third? Aouar?

And then there is the big one that may or may not happen - Could be Kane, Martinez?

Last edited:
Fucking Grelish! - i hope not - he is a wanker of the highest order and we simply dont need him - nor is he good enough. Ok player playing in a very poor team.

Kane (even though I dont want him) I can understand at a certain level but Grelish i just wouldnt understand on any level - he would lower the level of our squad!

Grealish is better than Gundogan by several miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.