It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparantly we are out of Koulaibaily race. Can anyone conform that? May be carlos now. In exchange of otamendy

Seen a few outlets saying it means United have a clear run at him at €90m, which of course for City would be considered criminal.

Mind you one of those outlets also said "they need him because who's Neymar going to play with?" so they've really been smoking something.

Seen a few outlets saying it means United have a clear run at him at €90m, which of course for City would be considered criminal.

Mind you one of those outlets also said "they need him because who's Neymar going to play with?" so they've really been smoking something.
If the Rags spend 200 million on Koulibaly and Sancho I will be over the moon.

Sergio's heir is already at the club, some people just haven't realised it yet.

You know what I mean. I meant a long term striker. Nothing to do with GJ my post. Okay, we sign Aubameyang, then immediately we have to look out for Auba's heir the next summer. Makes no sense to me. Now isn't the time to replace one older striker with another the same age.

Possibly, I know Txiki met both the player and his agent at The Emirates stadium back in December.

His £107m buyout clause was only applicable the first two weeks in July and it seemed nailed on Barcelona had won the race.

Perhaps that deal hasn't advanced due to the costs involved, which would maybe explain some of the talk within the CFG that we have boxed off a big deal for a forward.
I've heard a rumour from someone who would be in a position to know that it's Joao Felix. But that's all it is, a rumour. Apparently Atletico need the cash.

Personally, I'd be happier with that than with Martinez.

Don't think Txiki could care less about the price, if his bosses are happy. Don't see any reason we wouldn't pay 100 mill for he right player , just because we haven't felt the need before.

I don't see how Martinez can be worth 100 million. He also seems to be at a similar level to Jesus.

Don't buy the striker links personally. I just don't see there being any way of keeping a trio of Jesus, Aguero and Martinez (or whoever else) happy. Jesus on the wing isn't an option when we have Sterling, Mahrez, Torres, Foden and Bernardo. We aren't going to play 3 at the back when we have 3 natural wingers.

There simply isn't space in the squad. Jesus isn't going anywhere and needs a more defined starting role and Aguero is Aguero.

Yes, we need a striker for when Aguero leaves, but we can deal with that when the time actually comes. If we're willing to put down ~£80m+ on a player like Martinez, we're not going to struggle to find a suitable one next summer.

I can just about understand another central midfielder even if I don't think we necessarily need one. It only really makes sense if the Bernardo leaving rumours are true and those are unlikely to have anything behind them.

I think we'll go big on a CB and, bar any unplanned outgoings, that will be it outside of perhaps a younger cheap signing that sticks around with the first team (i.e Ait-Nouri). It was a similar story last summer when we heard about how we were going to go mad in the transfer window, signing Felix etc and then only ended up with a couple of major signings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.