It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't people see that his game isn't about running up and down the flanks or going box to box.

His game is all about playing at quick bursts, for 50% of a match he's either stood still or walking, he isn't on his toes all match or closing the back line down. The way he plays he could carry on til he's 40.

He stays between the lines of midfield and attack all the time, he always finds space and is devastating in the 18 yard box. If we get him only for a year he will absolutely boss this league.
Pep demands you run,we cant have anyone standing still or walking and expect everyone else to do the work,T as in team

It wasnt really about if I would like him here...its more about would I like us to blow 2 / 3 transfer windows kitty or trade Bernado for him and the answer to that is no.

If we got him for a reasonable price then sure, who wouldn't.

I can understand that side of it tbf, but remember cos of Covid clubs can spend some of next years money this year too, and in addition, a few folk on here have pointed out that for Messi there may be creative ways of funding it and paying him, because of the profile he has, that would mean we’d still have other moves to make too. I mean we’ve signed two already remember. As for Bernardo,
if he had played for even some of last year like the player he was when he terrorised liverpool etc the year before, then I’d feel more like you do about him, but his below par appearances seemed to be occurring all season last year, so I have to say, much as I love the bloke as a person, if it had to happen, then I could get over him leaving.
Or for example, if an Mbappe deal meant him being part of a swap, I’d reluctantly be ok with that too!

I think our owners may look at more than just what Messi would bring to the team, he would elevate us to probably the most interesting team on the planet. Everyone would want to see gow Messi performs in the Prem

Why is it seen as heresy to recognise that there could be downsides to us signing Messi. Everyone recognises that Messi is an unbelievable player, people aren't stupid but surely we should recognise that there are two sides to every coin. If he came here it may all work out beautifully but it isn't beyond possibility that this league may not suit him and with his age he won't get much time to adapt for example. Many dismiss people's concerns with exasperated replies of "it's Messi" and are prepared to sell the family silver to get him which is fine but it's naive to not consider everything. City fans of all fans know things don't always turn out as you want.

cant help but be extremely envious of chelsea's transfer business.

Me too especially Timo Werner. Last time I was this confident of a player was VVD.

I was reading how City’s analytical dept was headed by one guy (promoted from within after the original guy left to set up his own company) who had responsibility for the whole of CFG but that the plan was to copy the Liverpool model of 6 people dedicated to just looking at potential first team signings. The idea was scrapped/delayed for some reason. I can’t help thinking that was an error on our part but who knows.

Only mentioning as Werner was picked out by Statsbomb as our perfect signing and then Chelsea picked him up at a bargain price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.