It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, I do like Manchester - i've lived here all of my life, of course I do, but I can admit it is a bit of a shit hole too. Some nice bits here and there, but the thing that always strikes me when I go to other major cities around the world is how cleaner they are than here. The levels of rubbish, dirty paths (seriously, can we fucking clean the paths please? Bored of piss stains and vomit), a tragic homelessness problem, drug dealers everywhere, stinks of piss down most roads, possibly the most disgusting 'garden' of any major city ive been to. Manchester will always be home, and it has some class little bars and cool shops in places, but travelling a lot has certainly opened my eyes to its flaws! I'd never in a million years choose to live here if I was a millionaire footballer given all that and the rain! Sorry...
Yeah been to quite a few cities myself but think the litter, rubbish scruffy thing is a British disease not just Manchester

Yeah sort of think that unfortunately we need Jesus more than Bernardo even though I agree he is a better prospect. We just have enough cover in midfield but not up front.

For me I would swap Jesus reluctantly, and silva never

But for the club and what messi brings, they will go with Bernardo going the other way I think :-(

Hopefully Barca are in such a state that cash alone will do it and they will do it out of respect for messi and what he has given them - oh and Garcia

And if Bernardo does go, it means Gundogan will get even more game time.

Tbh, I do like Manchester - i've lived here all of my life, of course I do, but I can admit it is a bit of a shit hole too. Some nice bits here and there, but the thing that always strikes me when I go to other major cities around the world is how cleaner they are than here. The levels of rubbish, dirty paths (seriously, can we fucking clean the paths please? Bored of piss stains and vomit), a tragic homelessness problem, drug dealers everywhere, stinks of piss down most roads, possibly the most disgusting 'garden' of any major city ive been to. Manchester will always be home, and it has some class little bars and cool shops in places, but travelling a lot has certainly opened my eyes to its flaws! I'd never in a million years choose to live here if I was a millionaire footballer given all that and the rain! Sorry...
Always been the same. I can remember as a kid popping to shop at end of street, no street lights on in places, smashed up and Lucky if I could get back without being covered in dog shit. Now it’s vomit and spaced out junkies need to dodge.
Your quite correct though the centre is bad, and for me the pigeons should be the first things to go. Vermin

as someone who's been up and down for games the past 15 years can vouch that manchester has gone downhill. maybe its now that i'm older that my eyes are more open to it, but the level of homelessness, junkies in the centre of down is a huge issue. dont recall it being like that 8-10 years ago

Depends where you live. He's unlikely to rock up in the city centre. He, like most Barca players, lives south of the city in Castelldefels. Much like most of the footballers for the Manchester clubs live in Cheshire suburbs. There have been plenty of Argentinians who have come to Manchester and stayed for a while. If Aguero has managed, with no one for company other than friends, Messi will be just fine with his family for a few years. And it's not like he can't private jet off to Paris or Milan or wherever he fancies whenever he wants to.

Sergio has just moved into a house in Wilmslow I believe. Anyway, as you indicate, there's plenty of perfectly nice places for rich footballers to live South of Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.