It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
More so than an individual, but you're right to point out that it would be best avoided for sure.

Problem is, as I said, it's not entirely rational from their perspective. Bartomeu can't be seen to be cutting a deal as it'll be perceived out there as trying to save his own skin at the expense of the club (ending the debt at that end of his term). He might go down fighting rather than do the sensible thing.

Bartomeu has found himself in a big ragging whirlpool, with no life jacket to save him.

Bartomeu’s going down with no money in the bank.

Ha! Loads! Honestly, from a personal perspective, Messi coming is a potential game changer. Think its actually quite a decent little example of what the club could expect in terms of the global reach increasing. I've seen a preemptive example of his impact already tbh. I usually get about 10k views a video, and im getting an average of about 20k on any Messi ones. I've had 2.5k subs in the past ten days alone, and given my channel took about 3 and a half years to get to 40k, I think that's quite telling!

Great news!
Hopefully it keeps growing, keep it up, always a good watch with so much enthusiasm.
Best of luck.

I believe it is recognised by FIFA but not sure
As Messi is in the final year of his contract he can unilaterally terminate his contract using FIFA Article 17 and any compensation would be set initially by FIFA if the two parties don't agree(very likely!) and then by CAS if one party appeals. If, as Tolmie suggested, Messi doesn't want to give Barca a cent then this may be the avenue of last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.