It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t see how this can possibly happen now.

If he performs a u-turn, the Barca fans would never forgive him.

This is only over is Messi signs an extension. I'd take a 34 year old Messi on a free any day even if I have to wait a season for it but that would also including signing him up in Jan and also for pre-season, so in grand scheme ain't that far away. Would they really keep an asset so valuable and let him go for nowt. Nah, a bid from us will set the ball rolling on this. Just to repeat, for me personally (and I've been skeptical about him coming here anyway),if he doesn't sign an extension by Christmas, he's out the door. I can't fault him for his words, very scathing, defo wouldn't go as far as say he was a **** or bottler, but it does take the shine of what has been a good watch from the side lines, just comes with territory and as I've seen some shit in my 40 years as a Blue, I take it all in my stride. I remember being linked Jon Macken!! And fuckin getting him! :) how times have changed :)

What he missed was Messi effectively saying that his family really wanted to stay in Barca, school, life style, everything and he STILL wanted to leave.
He’s just saying that to save face with Pep and us. Think we’ve been used to some extent. New election soon so chairman replaced and Messi gets more power

I know Barcelona have been the dicks in all this, but he has just fucked his club right over, fuck ne would i be raging if i was a barca fan. Would have been better off taking them to court than this shitty charade

I really do not get why so many are attacking Messi. For a player to confess as he has why he has to leave and rail against the club he clearly loves must be very hard to do. But he makes very clear they are effectively holding him hostage. He just will not sue them to be let free and, obviously, neither would City take this route.

I like a player who has integrity and that is what his stand is here - love and passion for his club of so many years. Whilst still making very clear he needs to go.

If he was signing a new contract that's a whole different matter. But that seems very unlikely

I still think this could end up with some kind of compromise solution.

But either way it puts Barca in a dreadful spot and not many connected to the club will see this as any kind of victory.

The other thing he’s done is made the war with Barthomeu public. Gloves are off and he obviously now feels free to say whatever he wants whenever he wants. Wonder if Barthomeu has the appetite for that.

He’s also left the president a way to come out of this in a better light, save his reputation by doing the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.