It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelona are in severe financial straights with an enormous squad rebuild required. Us getting him free this month was always a huge long shot. Would Barca really be in a position to turn down €100m from us? Bear in mind Bartomeu is liable for a portion of Barcelona’s significant debt if he gets voted out next year.

Like I said, if he signed a new deal then fair enough. Right now though this scenario suits nobody.

So they sell him for €100m - he said he could leave for free and refused to train. Barca told him he couldn't and got a huge fee for an ageing player who's had too much control of coaches, other players etc. And the president looks good for getting a deal from a player who tried to walk.

Anybody thought how glad they are that there aren't press conferences at the moment? Whatever restrictions the press officer put on them, this would be the first question that journalists would put to Pep. They would be like wolves. They would keep coming back to it, regardless of any upcoming match, until Pep got seriously, seriously annoyed.
Small mercies…

cant say I agree.If messi is crap at Barca this season now it’s all the president fault. Potentially ruined this season because the spotlight will shine extra bright and the pressure will be on. Any bad performances by messi is no longer messi’s fault is it?
Messi is paid €1m a week or whatever to play for the club he apparently loves. If he continues to refuse to train or starts playing terribly, why would the fans blame the president? He doesn't put a shift in on the pitch and they'll turn on him

So they sell him for €100m - he said he could leave for free and refused to train. Barca told him he couldn't and got a huge fee for an ageing player who's had too much control of coaches, other players etc. And the president looks good for getting a deal from a player who tried to walk.

Messi sounds like a nightmare based on your description.I’m surprised you’re so upset we arent getting him in that case?

I have no issue with him deciding to stay. My disgust is at the things he said about the club he loves, while saying he has no choice but to stay. shocking
I hear you but what choice does he have? My guess is he isn't overlooking any of them. It's in Barcas court now. They can watch him fritter his last year away on a team he can't wait to leave which is like watching money spiral down the toilet or suck up their ego and take an offer.
All of that is assuming we really know how he feels about it and we won't matter how many ITKs we having hiding in bushes and airports. Maybe he doesn't feel like slogging months through court because trust me, It'd be months and he'd be an active player in the meantime and it'd be damn anxiety producing not to mention all the flack he'd get in every part of his life as it was playing out. Maybe he's manipulating and fully intends on seeing Barca transform over the next season which will result in him finishing there in a few years with a new cast around him. All I know for a fact is whomever represents him in terms of being able to recite line by line what his contract means dropped the ball. If you are under contract you are paying all manner of people to assure that this doesn't happen and when it does... you need to hire new people. Contracts can be nebulous and are written as such to create such grey area... that's where your people rewrite and amend or refuse to agree until the wording is black and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.