It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making a comment on his character, not his football. You have no idea how disappointed i am in a player i have enjoyed watching for so long, as a neutral. There is a reason he hardly ever speaks, i see that now.

Genuinely, no issue with him wanting to stay, it is what he says about his club that i find embarrassing. I have been more than prepared for him not coming here for a variety of reasons, so it isn't sour grapes. And if you've read anything i've said on garcia or sane, i am not in the slightest sensitive to players putting their needs over a club's. This is a bit beyond that, it really is putting himself above the club, playing a martyr, and slaghing his club off at the same time. And that, would be coming with him to city, that can't go back in the box.

He's talking about a board who hired a PR company to create thouands of social media bot accounts to attack Messi, his wife and family, and his closest friends to try and turn fans against him.

He's talking about a board who have used a global pandemic to fuck him out of a contract they agreed to, not only on signing the contract, but verbally confirmed when he told them all season he was leaving.

He's talking about a board which used the club as a shield when their corruption and fraud got exposed in the Neymar case so that they avoided jail, but the actual club of FC Barcelona now has a criminal mark against it.

He's talking about a board that inherited the best team in the world and racked up 800m losses and have taken the club to a perilous financial position, not to mention failing time and time again to manage the playing squad correctly. Oh and a president who is currently investigated by the police after his boss was jailed for 2 years.

A board that told Barcelona's 3rd all time top scorer that he was no longer wanted at the club by text, and tried to break the contract without paying the €28m wages they owed him (Suarez).

He went lightly on them. They deserve much worse, and every Barcelona fan is applauding and cheering him finally speaking out about the board.

If Messi really wanted that then he would've done the same video without confirming he is staying.
You can't accuse Bartomeu of not being true to his word and then doing the same thing yourself.

He said he was staying as no one could pay the release clause. But with a year left before he can leave for free that sum is nonsense and Barca will negotiate unless things really are that mad there. If someone pays and he leaves he isn't going back on his word.

So not long ago we heard tht Messi's people sent some papers to Fifa, whats the story on those now?

As stated in one of the other pages, it's clear as anything that he needed to get it out there how much he loves Barcelona and despite even making his family unhappy, wanted to be happy somewhere else. It's a final powerplay, inviting a bid to be considered, under the scrutiny of the the world.
Would love to think you’re right Tolmie, but I think he has played us

I kind of hope Messi & Barca will fail in the group stage of CL in this season. That would be a much bigger failure than the 8-2 vs Bayern.
God I hope they get the group of death. Bayern-Barca-Inter-Monchengladback maybe..
The seedings will prevent (I think) but it would be fun if we were in the group with them.

If I was Bartomeu I'd say fuck this, Messi talking about me like that, I'm putting him on the transfer list, the club are going to fuck me off anyway

As stated in one of the other pages, it's clear as anything that he needed to get it out there how much he loves Barcelona and despite even making his family unhappy, wanted to be happy somewhere else. It's a final powerplay, inviting a bid to be considered, under the scrutiny of the the world.

Completely agree with you but do you think we will actually bid?

Would be interested to know what your contact thinks about this if he ever tells you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.