It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ake will be qualified as a league player.

the numbers are 17+8 domestically, or 17+4+4 in CL.

We currently have 16+5.
+3 we can also include. (at least till garcia and angelino leave) and the 3 is not really relevant as they'd are category b.

So ake being home grown doesn't help much, one nhg slot is still down. We have no space as it is for another foreign signing, unless we lose either a hg or nhg player (excluding garcia and angelino who don't count towards that).

This all day long, denayer is a great shout to bring back and is a solid defender. Keep stones who is a class player and will come good.

Keep the money, hope one the youth come through strong this year to support and as the kids say ‘yeet Garcia’
What makes you believe Stones will come good this particular season?

Are we looking at any alternatives to Messi do you know? Or is that a year down the line? Think Martinez as the only likely one who might be available this summer.

The Martinez interest has been around since Txiki met his agent at the Arsenal game last December. Well known we like him but whether the timing is still right...

Denayer and Stones would be the perfect mix of competition and the right age profile, with, as you say, Harwood Bellis in reserve.

We have faced Denayer three times now and he has proved more than capable against our attack.

I don't want us blowing £70m plus on a central defender - that calibre of player just isn't out there at present IMO.

Use the money for a world class midfielder who can run and tackle.

I would love to see a new CDM in the Fern mould but I doubt that is happening. We spent a huge amount on Rodri, he was Peps new midfield guy, he isn't binning him off anytime soon.

This leaves us with filling the gaping hole we have at CB, so why not pay the money to get the best that is available? We made the mistake of not replacing Vinny last summer. To do the same again this summer would be gross negligence.

the numbers are 17+8 domestically, or 17+4+4 in CL.

We currently have 16+5.
+3 we can also include. (at least till garcia and angelino leave) and the 3 is not really relevant as they'd are category b.

So ake being home grown doesn't help much, one nhg slot is still down. We have no space as it is for another foreign signing, unless we lose either a hg or nhg player (excluding garcia and angelino who don't count towards that).

Don't be surprised if Carson just isn't in the CL squad. Worst case scenario we can emergency recall Bazunu or Muric for a few CL games if Steffan and Ederson got hurt, they'd be at least as good as Carson.

Are we looking at any alternatives to Messi do you know? Or is that a year down the line? Think Martinez as the only likely one who might be available this summer.
The bit that confuses me is we apparently had 2 targets plus Messi. One was obviously a centre back, Assuming Messi would cover any attacking options I can't see what the 2nd player would be. Makes more sense to me if the second player was a Messi alternative being worked on in parallel to the Messi stuff as an alternative rather than as well as.

I would love to see a new CDM in the Fern mould but I doubt that is happening. We spent a huge amount on Rodri, he was Peps new midfield guy, he isn't binning him off anytime soon.

This leaves us with filling the gaping hole we have at CB, so why not pay the money to get the best that is available? We made the mistake of not replacing Vinny last summer. To do the same again this summer would be gross negligence.

Thomas would be a great CDM, Rodri is more of a traditional deep sitting DM and not the CM/CDM type, so I don't see why his signing should stop Pep from signing another midfielder.

Honestly, I can't believe anyone is suggesting we don't need a top class centreback. The only one we have hasn't been top class for a year.

We were stupid for not replacing Kompany and we'll be absolutely out of our minds to not make every effort to this season.

Stones over Koulibaly?

I don't think I've smoked that strain before.

Denayer and Stones would be the perfect mix of competition and the right age profile, with, as you say, Harwood Bellis in reserve.

We have faced Denayer three times now and he has proved more than capable against our attack.

I don't want us blowing £70m plus on a central defender - that calibre of player just isn't out there at present IMO.

Use the money for a world class midfielder who can run and tackle.
We have a midfielder at Villa who might not be world class yet but ticks those boxes, be good to get him back here whilst we still have Ferna too.

I think if Luiz would have been granted a work permit last year we wouldn't have even bought Rodri.

The reason so many peolle are clinging onto the idea that koulibaly is our must have top target, is that he is deacribed as 'our vvd signing', first and foremost in price, then in quality. Then there is the added tag that he is our kompany (to be) as well.

I honestly don't know enough to claim otherwise or to argue he is untested in PL, our system, or too old, or error prone etc. But i can safely claim, that if the club though he was 'our vvd, and new kompany' thet wouldn't be holding out over a difference in fee. We paid the asking figure for laporte, and rodri, we would do the same for kk, imho, if he were the top option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.