It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is with the market, at the top end we havnt seen the post COVID pricing settle fully yet so clubs don’t really know how much players are worth, so Napoli for instance are sticking to what the price would have been last year.

Other clubs will be in dire financial straights and sell cheep - but for us that doesn’t really help as the players we are after are not in those teams generally.

I’m not adverse to saving the money this year, moving forward with what we have and letting the market soften as the financial side hits clubs (most will be hit a lot harder than us).

Then we might pick up the type of player we need as more are available as clubs look to raise funds.

We are pretty certain to sign a centre back and after that no one knows. We need a left back, forward and midfielder but I can’t see us doing any business after Koulibaly/ Carlos/ whoever. I think that will be a mistake.

I think this coming season will be a grind with lots of injuries and Covid disruptions plus there will be limited gaps in the calendar to rest. Unless Liverpool get extraordinarily lucky with injuries again, the clubs with the deepest squads will be successful. Usually that would mean us but with the loss of Silva and failure to strengthen up front and left back could see us a little exposed.

An injury to any of KDB, Sterling, Jesus or even Mendy will cause us huge problems. Aguero and Mendy have had meniscus problems in their knees and we have to assume they will miss a number of games.

I think if we fail to strengthen this window we will regret by the end of the season.

Signing ....This is the one I have been waiting for ...GET IN

City Football Group is pleased to announce the arrival of Roel De Vries, former global Nissan executive, to the post of Group Chief Operating Officer (GCOO). Welcome to CFG, Roel!
FFS Roel! He’s that shite, he hasn’t even got a You Tube video.

Last edited:
It would be very interesting to know how the process happens - do they take advice from Pep - If it were me I sure would be at least involving him in the transtion between managers -Id rather it didnt happen at all but he will elave one day - I think he will sign an extension - something says to me that the way the club have been treated by the media and UEFA while he has been here has made him more determined

not sure that was a success when the manager chose his replacement a few miles away from here

not sure that was a success when the manager chose his replacement a few miles away from here
No it wasnt - but id trust the relationship and knowledge Txixi and Pep have over old whiskey nose any day regarding something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.