It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that.

We might be without him for large parts of this season too? We were hoping he would be fit for last years CL but months later he's still not recovered. He's in his last year of his contract and has been prone to injury in most seasons. Recovering from injuries takes longer as players get older.

I think it's madness how weak we are up front compared to the other teams trying to get top 4, let alone win the PL/CL. We have less striker cover than all of them!

None of them have cover for their main strikers to be honest and they will have the same problems we are having if they are out for lengthy spells.

Although the search begins now for a long term replacement Haaland isn't the answer.
We should have drafted someone in before now. Our Captain reckoned we could only afford to lose 2 games all season to win the PL and we have dropped 5 points in 3 games. Both strikers are injured in what is likely to be the toughest ever season.

You seem to have something against Haaland continually sniping and critcising every thing about him. I accept his agent is bad news but he's a generational talent that could transform our club for many years.

I am not asking you to want him but please stop spreading untruths about him :)

We should have drafted someone in before now. Our Captain reckoned we could only afford to lose 2 games all season to win the PL and we have dropped 5 points in 3 games. Both strikers are injured in what is likely to be the toughest ever season.

You seem to have something against Haaland continually sniping and critcising every thing about him. I accept his agent is bad news but he's a generational talent that could transform our club for many years.

I am not asking you to want him but please stop spreading untruths about him :)
He isn't the real deal yet. Not in the same class as Messi,Ronaldo,Lewandowski and Aguero.

Astonishing that we have a squad that is so limited -
Ederson
Defenders that cannot defend
Midfielders that play square passes and back passes
Aguero

Academy players that warm benches.

None of them have cover for their main strikers to be honest and they will have the same problems we are having if they are out for lengthy spells.
There's no other side trying to win the PL or get in the CL that has striker problems as bad as us this season, zero strikers fit coming to the end of the transfer window, and we face probably the most grueling season in history with the most number of games in the shortest period of time?

He isn't the real deal yet. Not in the same class as Messi,Ronaldo,Lewandowski and Aguero.

Mate which Aguero is this? He’s no longer one of the very best in the world. Like it or not there are better and more effective Strikers who would improve our first 11 and give us more of a threat than a 32 year old Aguero whos always had injuries and is coming off a bad knee injury. Whether they are affordable and attainable is another issue, but one which we should have been actively looking to prioritise over the last few months. FWIW I don’t think we will go near Haaland because of the agent, but Haaland 2020 is much more of a threat than Aguero 2020.

That doesn’t take away anything he’s done for us, hes an absolute legend here but over the last 12 months he certainly hasn’t performed at a level that’s on a par with those players you mentioned even when he’s been fit.

Give him a chance he can do that job.
In reality at his age, no one knows? Delap needs to get some regular first team experience before you start assuming that, a loan would probably be sensible?

The rags have had loads of promising young players from their academy that they thought were going to be world beaters only for them to fail to deliver. We mustnt get carried away assuming how good he's going to be, because we want success from our academy.

Mate which Aguero is this? He’s no longer one of the very best in the world. Like it or not there are better and more effective Strikers who would improve our first 11 and give us more of a threat than a 32 year old Aguero whos always had injuries and is coming off a bad knee injury. Whether they are affordable and attainable is another issue, but one which we should have been actively looking to prioritise over the last few months. FWIW I don’t think we will go near Haaland because of the agent, but Haaland 2020 is much more of a threat than Aguero 2020.

That doesn’t take away anything he’s done for us, hes an absolute legend here but over the last 12 months he certainly hasn’t performed at a level that’s on a par with those players you mentioned even when he’s been fit.
They are proven and achieved a great deal in their careers both individually and for their respective clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.