It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can see the Dippers and the Rags-taking their ball in if we signed that lot. It’s not fair... City are ruining football Blah blah blah....
If we signed those three football media in this country would pack up and go home. We would have “devalued the age old English premise that anyone can rise to the top”, we would have “devalued the greatest prize in team sport - The English premiership”, we would have “made domestic competition a closed shop, open only for one team”. We’d probably win the next 3 or 4 domestic trebles and probably a couple of European cups too.

I’d love it. The explosion of grief,anger,fear, and hate would be a sight to see.

Take or leave Messi, but to get Grealish, Haaland and one of Ndidi or Rice would be out of this world. Hoping this is one of our finest windows ever, based on quality, not quantity.
What would be the point of spending a ridiculous amount of money on another DM when we have Rodri?

Moonbeam and Moonchester are getting furloughed.

My mate said it’s worse than that. Moonbeam was in a Manchester hotel over the easing of lockdown during the Christmas period, and was spotted heading upstairs to a room with “Fred The Red”. Moonchester has apparently filed for divorce. Sad times tbh.

"Take or leave Messi" Got to love City fans! Haha!
Held my opinion since day one on Messi, day one being when we didn't sign him as expected last summer. If he comes and does the business, great. If he stays there, which is what always happens, i'm happy with that too. All purely based on his age. I also hold the view that if united signed him for the reported money at this age, I would mock them mercilessly. He is quite simply too old to make the move to the PL - imo.

Held my opinion since day one on Messi, day one being when we didn't sign him as expected last summer. If he comes and does the business, great. If he stays there, which is what always happens, i'm happy with that too. All purely based on his age. I also hold the view that if united signed him for the reported money at this age, I would mock them mercilessly. He is quite simply too old to make the move to the PL - imo.
You also mention quality over quantity in your previous post whilst naming 4 players not fit to lace the boots of the player you're not fussed about. I get the argument about his age even though I disagree with it, but then this was never going to be a long term option.
Believe it or not, the PL isn't some mythical place where unless you're under 30 you're going to struggle. I reckon the greatest player who's ever kicked a ball would likely do just fine.

For Grealish too!

Messi's created and scored more goals this season at 33 than Grealish has in his entire career.
Could quite possibly finish this season with more goal involvements than Grealish will in his entire career too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.