It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please can you refrain from putting this sort of negative energy into this thread :)

Seriously though, I know people are looking at his performances on the pitch and connecting that with his happiness at the club. The fact that he's doing well this season and the team are playing well is fantastic, but it doesn't change Barcelona's financial position nor does it change the weight of things that have been put on the Messi family by the club. It's a little bit like Pep at the end. You get drowned by the politics of it all.

There's something else which has also stuck with me for a long time. Pep going to Barcelona to see Leo last summer and sitting down with him. That's not fleeting to me. Doesn't feel like a 'moment' that will pass. Feels more like Leo has decided that he wants to go and he wants to know if there's a place in Pep's team for him.

Now it may well be that Pep told him "don't leave Barcelona, don't come to England, you should stay here until you retire". But then IMO he could say that over the phone, he doesn't need to sit down with him. So if he was pitching to the player last summer and it didn't come off, I'm struggling to see why WE would decide this summer that we just don't want him.

I also think it's interesting Omar did an interview after the window closed saying that Leo, Cristiano, and Neymar are the only three players who generate the level of revenues which justifies the salaries they are paid - and that was directly in answer to the question about how City would marry their message of financial sustainability with attempting to sign him last summer.

Again, as I say with all my Messi related posts. This could all just be confirmation bias on my part (or wishful thinking however you want to categorise it!)

Ha, ha. It wasn't meant to be negative energy and I usually avoid making comments like that about someone that I've dreamed of City signing. I've just reconciled myself to the idea that it won't happen and that he will stay at Barcelona, which I do think would be a bit daft if there is an offer waiting for him at City; although the question of whether making your bow in the Premier League at the age of 34 is a good idea is a consideration.

I think the rumours about Grealish and the fact City have let Sergio go probably point against City thinking Messi will come but you can spin the Aguero whichever way your heart desires.

Looking at that there is only a few top names really who would move in the summer

Yeah maybe Grealish, Camavinga and Konate

Looking at that list I'd immediately think Konate to Liverpool. Edouard might leave Celtic. Bale is probably going to China which is a mega pay day for agents.

Joachim Anderson could go for big money. He already cost Lyon £24m but his performances in the PL could see someone stump up £30m for him. Spurs maybe.

Sergio Romero will leave United on a free (= big commissions for agents)

And of course don't forget Braaf.

It's also worth remembering that a super agent like Barnett will do more than just deals with Stellar clients. Like Mendes, he'll get brought on board by small agents to pull off a big move for their client if it's a bit too big for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.