It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
do people still think Messi is a possibility in all of this from TH's hints/videos ( can never get what he is getting at with the videos)

Haaland clearly number one target (doesnt mean we will get him) - but I do think the timing of the Aguero leaving announcement is us sending him a message that we are completely committed to getting him. (unless we are now going striker-less deliberately)

do people still think Messi is a possibility in all of this from TH's hints/videos ( can never get what he is getting at with the videos)

Haaland clearly number one target (doesnt mean we will get him) - but I do think the timing of the Aguero leaving announcement is us sending him a message that we are completely committed to getting him. (unless we are now going striker-less deliberately)
Glad I’m not the only one

Last window Koulibaly was a done deal. Only it wasn't. Sanchez was a done deal. Oh no it wasn't. Gradually you realise that the media (in all its forms) has a vested interest in this. It's not just newspapers that sell papers with football gossip.
I don’t remember Koulibaly ever being a done deal, in fact what I remember was De Laurentiis doing everything in his power to stop it from happening. What we did have were multiple stories about it, but it was basically the same story rehashed over and over, as it happens now since these papers don’t have to just get stories for a limited number of pages in one newspaper once a day, but have to keep their websites and social media busy 24/7

3 Completely different strikers.. Almost as if journos just pull names out of a hat

It's not that simple. We need a top, top, top striker to replace Agüero. There's an extremely small pool of players out there who might be good enough and are realistically attainable. All three of those could work at City, it's not like any of them are Ibrahimovic types.

Lukaku is the only other top striker I can think of who is realistically gettable this summer, but he's a different story as I don't think he would work in our system. Suarez, Benzema, Mbappe, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Aubameyang, Immobile... all either too old or just not going to happen.

Highly unlikely
It might not happen, but by all accounts we’re talking about our #1 striker target and a player that is probably a request by Pep with a doable clause that would also mean blocking him from United. Not only that but Gaughan is overall very realible and has good sources. So it’s not “highly unlikely”

I would also add that I’m pretty sure Pep wouldn’t have extended his contract if he had not been promised some things for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.