It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need tolm to post something to send us over the edge.

It is so bloody quiet, that we are debating player quotas again, and bumping the Messi thread for shits and giggles. Meanwhile, Harry Kane's brother is quoting posters from a Villa forum and we are arguing what they meant. The madness needs to stop!

I think Peps legcay will be twofold...

1. the trophies he has won and the ones he may yet win
2. The stye of play on the pitch.....its not just for Pep that even the kids ply the same way....its a brand of football that I think the owners, directors and everyone at the club wants to see maintined.....managers may come in an tweek it a bit but possession based attacking fluid football will also be Peps legacy.

One thing I hope we don't develop that the rags and liverpool do, is saying "so and so isn't a Liverpool/united player" when someone is shit or a bottler. It's so fucking pretentious.

A player can be not good enough for the current era and state of the side, but saying they "are never a united/Liverpool player" because they're a bit average (especially when the side is a bit average!) Is so fucking cringy.

I think Peps legcay will be twofold...

1. the trophies he has won and the ones he may yet win
2. The stye of play on the pitch.....its not just for Pep that even the kids ply the same way....its a brand of football that I think the owners, directors and everyone at the club wants to see maintined.....managers may come in an tweek it a bit but possession based attacking fluid football will also be Peps legacy.
Possession based play is Pep's legacy to English football, not just City, but time (and fans boredom with 'bus parking' and pass, pass, pass, pass) will inevitably bring changes. The game doesn't and won't sit still, and playing styles, like fashion, tend to go round in circles.

We can almost certainly expect to see the long ball back in style at some point.

I don't mind to be honest.... As long as no-one expects me to wear flares or stack heel shoes if/when they come back :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.