It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common knowledge? I didn’t know. I’d heard the rumour but I didn’t think Van Gaal or Maureen would put up with it. It does make sense. In the 25 years Bacon Face was in charge at The Swamp football changed immeasurably in terms of how clubs are structured. You would’ve thought they would realise that they needed a club restructure after Fergie.

We are very lucky. When Pep goes he won’t be hanging around like a bad smell and we have a proper management structure that will cope without him. Pep’s legacy will be a positive one.
History repeating itself once again .
The same thing happened when busby retired & still turned up at the stadium .

The rags did the same when Sir Matt (once a Blue, always a Blue) Busby retired. Moved him 'upstairs' where he hung around like a bad smell while they went through a succession of clowns.

It was glorious.

Pep will be a thousand miles or so away from City when he packs up. Whether his 'legacy' is effectively maintained by the club remains to be seen. It will be tough, but so what....It's just another stage of the rollercoaster journey we've come to expect following the Blues!
I think Peps legcay will be twofold...

1. the trophies he has won and the ones he may yet win
2. The stye of play on the pitch.....its not just for Pep that even the kids ply the same way....its a brand of football that I think the owners, directors and everyone at the club wants to see maintined.....managers may come in an tweek it a bit but possession based attacking fluid football will also be Peps legacy.

The rags did the same when Sir Matt (once a Blue, always a Blue) Busby retired. Moved him 'upstairs' where he hung around like a bad smell while they went through a succession of clowns.

It was glorious.

Pep will be a thousand miles or so away from City when he packs up. Whether his 'legacy' is effectively maintained by the club remains to be seen. It will be tough, but so what....It's just another stage of the rollercoaster journey we've come to expect following the Blues!
The Cult down the M62 effectively made Shankly a pariah once he retired, he ended up visiting training and watching games at Goodison. A fairly shabby way to treat their legend but you have to admit it paid off for Paisley in terms of results

We need tolm to post something to send us over the edge.

I prefer the film references to the music videos myself. Shh, don't tell him.

BillyShears has been affa quiet lately, hopefully all ok there, or on hols.

I think till the Euros are over, it is indeed, very quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.