It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we don't stand still this summer with no new signings, as Pep has stated might happen today. The only way it would be ok is if we didn't sell any first team or squad players
Would be a mistake we have made before and annoying it if there’s no one of sufficient quality affordable then what do you do?

Maybe getting in earlier for the likes of people like Bellingham (accepting you will get quite a few busts) might be an interesting change of strategy?

He will for league. It’s for the champions league where the rules are different. Only allowed 4 home grown. Other 4 have to be club trained
That’s not quite right, you can have 8 club trained before they take a foreign place, however, you can only have 4 association trained before they take a foreign squad place. We had Walker, stones, Sterling, Ake and Carson last year so when Carson left it freed up a foreign space.
Garcia was not counted in the 25 as he is under 21 and been here for more than 2 years which is what the rules for the UEFA B list.

love the poker references Tolm! Hope we’re not chasing Gutshots and one outers…

Are we still on for Grealish?

Would love him at City!

I believe he TH has previously said that the Grealish interest was more about our uncertainty over Messi, if Messi is available I don't see any reason to go for Grealish

That’s not quite right, you can have 8 club trained before they take a foreign place, however, you can only have 4 association trained before they take a foreign squad place. We had Walker, stones, Sterling, Ake and Carson last year so when Carson left it freed up a foreign space.
Garcia was not counted in the 25 as he is under 21 and been here for more than 2 years which is what the rules for the UEFA B list.
Carson hasn’t left he re signed.

I believe he TH has previously said that the Grealish interest was more about our uncertainty over Messi, if Messi is available I don't see any reason to go for Grealish
I thought that was last summer??
I don’t know if this is a cold take or not but I’d much rather have a 25 year old Grealish than a 34 year old Messi.
Grealish will only get better and better under Pep and seems more long term.
A season or two of Messi would be great but hardly long term investment… I think Hrealish has the potential to be a world beater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.