It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's far worse than that - possibly the world's next superstar, Haaland, is up for bid - and we're dicking around with Levy.

Fuck that.

Go all in for Haaland. Screw Levy.

That said - we may already be screwed. It's been reported that Haaland has agreed terms with Chelsea and that Chelsea are willing to spend huge to meet Dortmund's demands.
Haaland is the player we should be going all out for, generational talent we simply can't afford to miss out on. Stop all this nonsense talk about Grealish and Kane and get this done now!

If we are making this size of an investment, we aren't going to massively shift our parameters of what we are looking for to someone who isn't even on our list.

With everything the club has put out (Which granted hasn't been all that much this year), It doesn't seem like they are interested in a false 9 and more of a goal scorer and poacher.
I can accept that on face value but my thought is that the club perhaps keep their transfer intentions in absolute and utmost secrecy? Especially after the robbing c0n7s from down the East Lancs hacked our scouting system.

I could be wrong, I’m wrong about lots of stuff.
Maybe the inside information that the ‘trusted’ journo’s put out is all verbatim because the club’s an open book on the topic of transfers?

I can picture Khaldoon propping up the bar in the Dog & Squirrel, entertaining a crowd of enraptured red top journalists by reading aloud from the notes of the latest senior player procurement meeting.
Telling them what positions we need to fill (sort of obvious), how we’re going to fill them (much less obvious) and how much we’re willing to pay (pretty damn obscure).

I’ve seen & heard the media telling us what City will do - and if we do get Jack Grealish I’ll be chuffed, if we get Kane I’ll reluctantly understand why (& I’ll cheer for the nob end because he’d then be our nob end) but perhaps we’re cute enough to have a little bit of something up our sleeve?

I’m not saying it’s likely, but I am saying it’s possible, that we’re transitioning into a new system.
Football evolves and teams that stand still become technically and tactically obsolete.

It could be that playing without a true striker, and being so phenomenally successful in doing so, has whetted Pep’s appetite for us to travel further along that particular evolutionary path?

In reality, we are never replacing Aguero or finding a striker who instantly guarantees us 20+ goals a season. Especially with the state of market, and obviously, Aguero was one of a kind. It's more about suiting our needs and getting a player who would be good for us. It's not always a numbers game
It really is a numbers game, those numbers should be securing a deal for Haaland

Honestly I could see this as the first summer since really 12/13 that we don't sign a top marquee player. Our main two targets, from what we know, are Grealish and Kane.

Issue is, both are the poster boys for their clubs and they'll do everything in their power to keep their prized assets. Usually we'd have a bunch of alternatives like we did with Dias last summer but with Grealish and Kane, there's so few alternatives that I can envision us moving on to another player.

Kane is part of 3 or 4 world class strikers in world football, the other alternatives just don't seem possible. Grealish is also a unique player and it's virtually impossible to find a player like him in world football at the moment. We want to reinforce our squad with bonafide quality but there's very few players that could genuinely improve our starting 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.