It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this rate nobody will be coming in lol. Seen vids of grealish on the piss, we will no doubt find him comatose in a gutter somewhere and levy won't budge on the Kane fee.

Don't even care anymore, stay as we are and give Torres a go up top and save the cash for Erling next summer

IMO we'll get Kane and if Grealish can keep his nose clean for the next two weeks he'll get his move too.

@Keeper!
Are you ever going to be happy with whoever we sign?

You was saying around December last year that our squad was overrated and that we can't polish turds and we have lots of them in our team!

You strike me as someone who will have a whinge and a whine whatever we do and whoever we sign. We could end up signing kane who is a natural goalscorer yet all you want to do is tut and say he's not worth it, to me it shows you know nothing about football.

I'm not having a go but it just seems you're on every thread just blowing hot air and poo pooing whatever we do or whoever we're linked with.
And could you forget about Felix, he's nowhere near the levels of our squad, we got as much chance signing him as we have with the lanky Barca dwarf.

We don't need much improvement we won the league a cup got to a semi final and a c/l final. Any centre forwrd is an big improvement on Aguero last year. Grealish may or may not be an improvement on Bernardo, but he isn't worse. Plus I think any centre forward improves Sterling, and we'll see a better Torres.
That’s why I’m underwhelmed.
At £130m ish he’ll improve us over last season, not hard considering we didn’t play with a striker for most of it, but not over previous seasons IMO.
If we’re spending that kind of money I’d expect a game changer and that ain’t Kane.

Last season was more of a free hit with the accounts due to covid and it our losses didnt include the champions league money, the leroy sale etc? That all gets included in the next accounts and we have already sold Angelino for £18m, Jack Harrison for £12m and it looks like nmetcha is going to Wolsfburg for around £10-12m? Like has been mentioned City could sell say Jesus for £50m but allow Juve an extra 2 years longer than normal to pay the full fee? Maybe add Bernardo if he is desperate to leave £60m but the same longer terms? Say for shits and giggles only them deals happen alone then around £150m in and say £220m spend on Kane & Grealish equals a net spend of £70m? There will be a load of fringe player sales as well imo so the net spend could be next to nothing!
+ £10 million for Sancho

Reactions: nmc
I just don't think Aguero was utilised because Pep wanted him out. I've heard numerous times that he was available more often than was made out and simply not selected.

Regardless, losing our only two senior strikers and replacing them with one who has question marks over his fitness (and has never been particularly dynamic) isn't ideal. Hopefully another would come in because I've seen nothing during Pep's tenure to suggest Delap will play a big role.

Grealish and Kane don't bring the same energy and workrate as Gabby and Bernardo. Sure, they offer better quality in the final third but this squad is slowly drifting from the high intensity style which made us the best Premier League side of all time.

If those two players were coming into that side of three (?) years ago then I wouldn't have the same concerns.

Plus, we seem to have this weird thing over the last few years where we leave ourselves short in one position, be it left wing, centreback or striker.

I think Grealish can play with the intensity we need. Overall though the squad is evolving and changing. We can't time machine ourselves back 3 years to have younger versions of the players we have, so some change is inevitable. Personally I think we should've made at least one of these changes last summer but accept that covid and Messi put a spanner in the works.

I'm genuinely shocked at how divisive Harry Kane. He's an absolute no brainer for me.

That’s why I’m underwhelmed.
At £130m ish he’ll improve us over last season, not hard considering we didn’t play with a striker for most of it, but not over previous seasons IMO.
If we’re spending that kind of money I’d expect a game changer and that ain’t Kane.
If he score and he will it changes games. Price makes no difference.

not much improvement? The leagues top scorer and without question the guy who will break the premier league scoring record coming to a team that played without a striker? Doesnt say much for Gabby does it to be fair? ie when he was fit pep still didnt start him? Bernardo always runs hard but seemingly does less in the attacking areas etc then he did previously whereas Grealish thrives more in that area? Plus, see how De Bruyne improves even further when he plays his natural position and not as a false 9 like a good amount of times last season? The amount of times balls came into the box and we had no one there was ridiculous last season and Kane is a pure box goal machine! Grealish, Foden, De Bruyne and Mahrez or Sterling feeding Kane.............GOALS!!!!
unless Kane plays in his natural enland position along side ederson

@Keeper!
Are you ever going to be happy with whoever we sign?

You was saying around December last year that our squad was overrated and that we can't polish turds and we have lots of them in our team!

You strike me as someone who will have a whinge and a whine whatever we do and whoever we sign. We could end up signing kane who is a natural goalscorer yet all you want to do is tut and say he's not worth it, to me it shows you know nothing about football.

I'm not having a go but it just seems you're on every thread just blowing hot air and poo pooing whatever we do or whoever we're linked with.
And could you forget about Felix, he's nowhere near the levels of our squad, we got as much chance signing him as we have with the lanky Barca dwarf.
I am not convinced by Grealish at all, this was long before we were linked with him, last summer the rags were looking like favorites to get him and I would have been delighted if they did, another to add to their collection of over priced , over ratted players.

Kane I get why the club want him, his record is outstanding, and before the Euros I was all in favour, but after watching him up close, he worries me, he looks slow, tired and old before his time.

One thing our team lacks is pace, to me Haaland has that, strength, power and the ability to turn a game with a flash of brilliance, something Kane does not have.

We started last season badly and up to December we looked shambolic all over the pitch, the signing of Dias and the intervention of Fern transformed our season incredibly.

Felix is a player who in my opinion under Pep and at this club COULD become a world star and a City icon for years.

Messi was never the player for us last summer and especially this summer, that boat sailed in 2014, when he WOULD have been a sensational signing.

You are having a go, I love this club and want the best for it, don't ever doubt that.

Last edited:
Obviously, but that's not just with Pep, it was the pressure the owners demanded, they wanted sucsess, it was the same for Mancini, Manuel, even Hughes.

But this is the first time we are really spending BIG money on individuals.

Look at the grief we give the rags for the money spent on Pogba, Maguire etc.

Media been putting pressure on this club since we were bought it water if of a ducks back for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.