It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
So all this talk of him taking a 50% paycut is true you reckon and he is staying at Barca?
There's some "clever accountancy" going on with the numbers. Signing bonus, contract termination bonus and a couple other things which takes him nearly to the same level as what he was earning before. I guess they have made some adjustments so they can pay it easier, or at least show the league that they're not operating at the same base losses. He's basically getting the same money, but being paid the bonuses later (or in another way) so that they are allowed to spend money now. There's some kind of stop on them from purchasing players with them being in the red.

200m plus on two players we should all be buzzing with anticipation but I get the feeling a lot of our fans would be slightly underwhelmed.

Both players split opinion.
What you mean to say is that you hope a lot of our fans would be slightly underwhelmed, because that would support your viewpoint.

Can you define " a lot"?

It seems easy to forget we have a damn good squad, and that almost if it really came to nothing happening, we would still be good for next season. We only really need one thing to happen, two maybe if someone were to leave.

I know we need a new striker and are pursuing one, but with torres and jesus to come into rhythm and sterling to rediscover form, Pep's bluff of we are ok not signing anyone, isn't that hollow. Fernandinho extended, Lavia seemingly with a bit of expectation, carson persumed to be staying, most positions are covered, unless someone were to leave.

So the quiet patient approach isn't that surprising.

I still really struggle to see Kane and Greslish happening. We'd have to break our transfer record for one and double it for the other, and neither seem the players to do that for. Grealish possibly more than Kane, but with less need for him. That's just my own inherent barrier i can't seem to get over.
We do have a superb squad...

However, we have just lost the best centre forward in prem history and although he didnt contribute last season prior to that his contribution was signnificant to say the least. Losing Bernardo is potentially underrated by some on here especially replacing him with Grealish who imho isnt good enough to replace him. Kane now is a better option than Aguero last season but at Kuns peak kane just doesnt cut it...not when it matters and thats what we are trying to replace, not Kun of the last season or season before....personally Id rather go for Haaland and even sacrifice a year to get him the year after...getting Kane now puts us out of the race for Haaland and I dont believe that (or Kane) is worth it.

The potential signing of Boussama for me is a great one.....offers something very different to Rodri (who has his own very positive attributes).

Personally I hope we dont get either Kane or Grealish......Kane will score goals for us but so would many dcent strikers and I just dont see him helping us make another step forward...at best its a signing that keeps us static but with others inevitably improving (Chelsea, Utd will both improve their squads at the very least - know idea what the scousers will do) then thats a problem.

For me Haaland makes us nearly unplayable with his power, pace, finishing ability and charachter/drive on the pitch....Haaland has that ability to create something out of nothing....I dont see that in Kane at all and in the biggest games that is what is sometimes is needed.

Like a hot knife through butter. So much madness on here right now. The simpler City keep things the more stressed people seem to be. Kane and Grealish will be jokes as a window. Plus the better part of 200 million. That’s a club that is not messing about.
depends on how you rate both Kane and Grealish however...both seem to split opinon greatly on here...especially looking at the polls for Kane on his thread

I know this has been previously talked about but if Levy/Raiola continue to play hard ball.....surely we should try and bag Felix in a deal with Bernie. I know there's more chance of a cat winning crufts than swap deals taking place but If we swapped Bernie plus 20 mill and waited for Haaland next year, we'd be set in those front positions for years, particularly with the the likes of Palmer/Delap waiting in the wings.

I know there's a bit of an obsession with this Felix kid but he'd give us cover across all front 3 positions. If we could also add Nuno Mendes too, they'd both give us a completely new dimension, particularly on that left side. Obv more clubs will be in for Haaland next year but surely we have the pull to put that deal in place. Gives Jesus 1 more year to prove he's got what it takes, if not we move him onto Juve next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.