It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love both but if I was being realistic (and pessimistic) i think we will sign Grealish then ings as a stop-gap because I have a feeling levy won't let up and we will walk away like we did with Maguire and koulibaly. hope I'm wrong tho. kane plus grealish would be our best window in years imo.

Delap promoted, Grealish and Kane in with Bernardo and Jesus (Aguero) out wouldn't improve our squad. I fear we've been sucked in by this Grealish hype and will massively overpay on both players due to the England tax
You fear one of the greatest managers of all time has been sucked in by the "Grealish hype"....really?

Just what is this hype also, because all I have seen is teenage girls falling over themselves with how good looking he is. You simply cannot argue his stats, its impossible. They are closer to KDB than anyone in the country, how is that not going to be beneficial to the team.

Bernardo and Jesus have been going backwards. Grealish has been going forwards and Kane has been just banging them in consistently for years.

Some serious blue tinted glasses on in here.

I am not convinced by Grealish at all, this was long before we were linked with him, last summer the rags were looking like favorites to get him and I would have been delighted if they did, another to add to their collection of over priced , over ratted players.

Kane I get why the club want him, his record is outstanding, and before the Euros I was all in favour, but after watching him up close, he worries me, he looks slow, tired and old before his time.

One thing our team lack is pace, to me Haaland has that, strength, power and the ability to turn a game with a flash of brilliance, something Kane does not have.

We started last season badly and up to December we looked shambolic all over the pitch, the signing of Dias and the intervention of Fern transformed our season incredibly.

Felix is a player who in my opinion under Pep and at this club COULD become a world star and a City icon for years.

Messi was never the player for us last summer and especially this summer, that boat sailed in 2014, when he WOULD have been a sensational signing.

You are having a go, I love this club and want the best for it, don't ever doubt that.
What Kane has over Haaland is he has the t shirt and wrote the book. Far less risk for the sums being discussed for both players.

To be fair he is the far more “sexier” choice not to mention PL fans in general usually don’t like signing other PL players there’s no “unknown” appeal that you usually get from signing players from foreign leagues which in turn lowers the excitement. like when we were in for Maguire or Mahrez the appeal was naturally lower. Mahrez showed us all last season how good he is. But the appeal of signing him was “meh”

Kane is one of the most boring players on the planet, and I have no doubt that contributes to people not wanting him.

He has zero personality, he looks like a 40 year old accountant, he drifts out of games for long periods. He's not a player who makes me excited at all when I watch him play. He's not going to do anything spectacular, he just puts away clear chances. He's effective, but he's not exciting. I was going to post the video of all his PL goals this season but it's genuinely so bland I couldn't get to the end of it.

His vacuous personality also makes it much harder to overlook things like his undercutting players who are jumping, his occasional horrendous leg breaker challenge and the constant, non stop going to ground to win cheap free kicks because there's no positive to outshine the negative. Look at Grealish, who has done much more controversial (or outright bad) things but comes across as likeable because he puts himself out there, he's not had his image scrubbed clean to the point of being devoid of life.

I'm sure Kane is a nice enough bloke behind the scenes and I'm sure he'll score a lot of goals here because we have players who'll put chances on a plate for him 40 times a season, but no one is going to get out of their seat when he scores a slightly scruffy header from 6 yards out to win the golden boot again.

If they ever reshot this scene in the thick of it, I guarantee Harry Kane would be substituted in.

He'll be very successful here and it'll be a well regarded transfer. He'll put up numbers, we'll continue to win things, but it won't stop him being a boring fuck and because of that I'll never begrudge anyone who wants a more exciting option.

Last edited:
I think Grealish can play with the intensity we need. Overall though the squad is evolving and changing. We can't time machine ourselves back 3 years to have younger versions of the players we have, so some change is inevitable. Personally I think we should've made at least one of these changes last summer but accept that covid and Messi put a spanner in the works.

I'm genuinely shocked at how divisive Harry Kane. He's an absolute no brainer for me.

Our midfield is ageing Gundogan 30 kdb 30 Fernandinho 36. Grealish has said in an interview before he could play in midfield even as a 6. I wouldn’t be surprised if bissouma came in.

No I am not, I don't watch Spurs games over 90 mins, I watch their highlights, when you watch a player over 90 mins for many games, you see different aspects.

Kane looks physically very old, incredibly slow, that's a big minus point.
Do you ever think for one moment that the scouting team and Pep would be interested in a player who in your words looks physically very old and incredibly slow?

Disagree, there is a shortage of quality world class strikers, they are few and far between.

Also by now Messi and Ronaldo should be dethroned as the great players, but they still are far the best, even in their mid 30s.

There are lots of very good strikers around but few great strikers.

Haaland looks at this stage to be a generational talent, and one to me the club should do everything to sign.
Agree 100% all our efforts should be on securing his signature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.