It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Never goes missing", that is a discussion for another thread.

So Kane isn't as good as Aguero despite playing for a team that at best finished 3rd in a two horse race in the past decade or Messi, may as well pack up the club then.

What is Haaland's record against the top 6?
Presuming he has only played against prem opposition in the CL he has scored one I think (against Liverpool) - but I cant find how many games he has played against prem teams (its at least 4---two vs us and two vs liverpool)

Kane isnt in the same league as prime aguero imho

My point about Messi was that he has scored more goals against the top 6 in the prem league than Kane has (despite not even playing in the league!)

This article details Kanes record against the top 6 vs others since 2017/2018 (though that was published in Jan 2020 so is potentially half a season out of date)

This is as of Feb 2021
EuWtwwBXAAwgghQ.jpg

This is Kanes prem league record overall (against every team he would have ever faced):

Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 15.21.12.png
Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 15.21.21.png
Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 15.21.35.png
Here is Sergios for comparison. I know which I think reads better.

Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 15.30.07.png

Ridiculous thinking back how much attacking talent we had during that season. SWP, Wanchope, Goater. Even Tiatto was a joy to watch going forward. Good times.

I get battered on here every time I mention it, but Ali and Eyal were far better, all round footballers than Kinkladze.
Where is the dislike button? ;)

For info:

Best ratio of goals per PL appearance against:

Arsenal – Kane
Chelsea – Aguero
Liverpool – Kane
United – Aguero

Everton – Kane
Leicester – Kane
Southampton – Kane
West Ham – Kane

But Aguero far better ratio against Spurs than Kane v City.

Used Everton, Leicester, Southampton West Ham as better PL examples after Big 6
See something else i posted on this...cant be bothered to repost it but its more comprehensive (though along the same lines)

Seriously, mate? You can't see how Kane and Grealish would improve us? Deary me.

And no, Chelsea didn't 'play us off the park at least twice in the last few months'. They were the better side in the Champions League final, but rode their luck in the cup semi and the Premier league game at the Ethiad.
No...

Grealish isnt as good as Bernardo, David Silva, KDB, Foden or even Gundogan, Sane, Mahrez

Kane isnt as good as prime Aguero

All imho of course.

Thing is you have made your mind up already that Kane and Grealish don't improve us.

Do you accept that there are many on here who don't support your belief?

Do you also accept that the club might know a little more than fans in general?
Absolutely accept that there are many that dont agree..just like there are those that agree...

Do you accept that there are those within the club that might not think that going for Kane is the best option or that anyone can make a mistake and that even Txixi an Pep have done before.....like all managers and clubs

Last edited:
No...

Grealish isnt as good as Bernardo, David Silva, KDB, Foden or even Gundogan, Sane, Mahrez

Kane isnt as good as prime Aguero

All imho of course.
You are arguably right, but that doesn't stop them improving us. Kane is better than a player who barely featured last season and doesn't play for us any more.

Its like saying Walker didn't improve us because he wasn't as good as prime Zabba, or Dias didn't improve us because he wasn't as good as prime Kompany.

Last edited:
But my point was that three years ago nobody was mentioning Haaland and that Mbappe was a generational talent.

You can have more than one generational talent, as Messi and Ronaldo have shown.

I'm another two or three years there will always be someone else.
I get what you're saying, in two years someone we've never heard of will get held up as the next generational talent. Of course that'll happen, but that doesn't make it so. My point is that these guys are in a different box, they're already doing it and are the genuine article in a way that most young kids who get the label aren't. There's no guarantee at all there will be more of this type of player coming along anytime soon. Further, there's no guarantee we'll have a shot at the next one...but we do here. Which is why I'm guessing it so frustrating that we're seemingly not making the most of the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.