It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the major worry fans have this summer is the drop-off in quality should we have to go to our 3rd or 4th choice targets. Beneath Haaland and Kane, there doesn't seem to be value out there and added to that, the anxiety around replacing Aguero seems to be reaching fever pitch. I trust the club, always will but I have a little sympathy for the bedwetters on this occasion.

I think the major worry fans have this summer is the drop-off in quality should we have to go to our 3rd or 4th choice targets. Beneath Haaland and Kane, there doesn't seem to be value out there and added to that, the anxiety around replacing Aguero seems to be reaching fever pitch. I trust the club, always will but I have a little sympathy for the bedwetters on this occasion.

It’s the type of striker pep seems to want as well though? A proper goal scoring strong tall traditional number 9?

One of the most enjoyable season’s of football I’ve had being a blue that year in the second division with Ali pulling the strings, he was a magician.
think he only arrived at the ground about 2.30. If only we'd have got him a few years earlier.

And United beat us once!

Even Tuchel admitted there was no way back for his team if Aguero had scored his penalty, never mind being robbed of one at the end when Sterling was brought down.

City exhibited a level of control in last season's title win which put Pep's other two in the shade, purely from a tactical point of view.

And went to the end in 3 competitions and the semi final of the FA Cup - completely unprecedented.

Yeah, disagree on that one mate. We see a lot of flavors of the month but not guys like these two. Both are producing over a goal a game in their domestic leagues from age 19 and Haaland is doing it in the Champion's League as well. Assuming they keep their heads on straight and manage their careers properly there's no reason to think they won't be competing for Ballon D'ors for the next decade.

But my point was that three years ago nobody was mentioning Haaland and that Mbappe was a generational talent.

You can have more than one generational talent, as Messi and Ronaldo have shown.

I'm another two or three years there will always be someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.