It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from not signing the contract extension and thus turning down the attendant pay rise in the first place.
It made perfect sense at the time to sign that contract. Things have now changed and certain promises have not been kept so player wants out, it's that simple. Just common occurrence in football, Bernardo is tied to us till 2025, but he's not happy and wants out, so what's the deal then? Are we saying why did you sign the contract then? Or is the verdict rather, he can go if we get the right price?

I’d rather have Grealish than Kane.
I rate him so highly and I think under Pep he’s be unbelievable!
Hope both get done though… Just really think Grealish would be an incredible buy
We need a striker far more than an attacking midfielder though. Not least because a striker bring out the best in those around him Sterling, Mahrez even KDB would have atarget for those balls into the area.

It made perfect sense at the time to sign that contract. Things have now changed and certain promises have not been kept so player wants out, it's that simple. Just common occurrence in football, Bernardo is tied to us till 2025, but he's not happy and wants out, so what's the deal then? Are we saying why did you sign the contract then? Or is the verdict rather, he can go if we get the right price?
Re Bernardo; I see no indication that he is about to go on strike, ditto Kane.
You may or may not be privy to which promises were made and subsequently broken, I am not, however everything that Kane and Bernard Bernard do is their choice (or to put it another way there are plenty of options for each of them).

Personally, I find the notion of a player going on strike because he's had a rethink about the contract he signed is particularly unedifying.

I didn't like it when Mahrez did it and I won't approve if Kane does it.

The verdict re Bernard Bernard is that given our past form we won't want to keep an unhappy player and will help him facilitate a move that works for all parties. I am not certain that Mr Levy will extend the same courtesy to Kane, especially if promises have been broken already. We shall wait and see.

Incidentally what promises were made and subsequently reneged upon?

We need a striker far more than an attacking midfielder though. Not least because a striker bring out the best in those around him Sterling, Mahrez even KDB would have atarget for those balls into the area.
Not a fan of either, but out of the two Kane has to be the priority.

If we could persuade Bernardo to give us another 12months and miss out on Grealish it would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.