It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are being cute... if you want to go you can... but we value you at x and if you and your agent can secure a cash deal from another club that meets that value you can go... but few clubs have any cash... so all 4 are not going to depart.
Well obviously not if Kane does arrive, for a squad place and cash.

I think we are being cute... if you want to go you can... but we value you at x and if you and your agent can secure a cash deal from another club that meets that value you can go... but few clubs have any cash... so all 4 are not going to depart.
Spot on.
There’s no way any of our players will be leaving for less than we signed them for and in the current climate it’s highly unlikely any club will splash that sort of cash.
I wouldn’t be surprised if none of them left in the end. No way are we going to lose out financially in this.

To be honest, I would expect the club to accept a lower than expected fee for any player who is genuinely unhappy and wants to leave. Particularly one who had given the club good service.
We've done it before quite a few times.
Sometimes it's better to move a player on cheaply than risk them having a negative effect on the dressing room.

I thought because of our financials we were going to blow everyone out of the water this transfer window. Now it looks as though our net spend with be zero and if we lose 2, 3 or 4 players we’ll be short on squad depth… just saying
Squad needs a trim and refreshed with a few starters. Give the youngsters a chance. All good from where I am sitting.

yhp, if McAtee, Palmer, Delap, Lavia aren't good enough for squad roles then nobody ever will be.
Exactly. Jack and hopefully Kane will impact the first 11. It’s about time we start to see a few of the academy lads over players that want to leave.

We need to move away from 2 world class players for each position. Impossible to keep them all happy. Upgrade the first 14 with quality and the rest youth.

Yup a squad trimming isn't a bad thing. Grealish coming in means somebody has to leave. And even if we only bring him in (and don't get Kane), If we sell 2 players on top of that I am not opposed to it.

I prefer having 19-20 first teamers, then add 2 or 3 youth for extra numbers.

Keeps the first team happier with more minutes, and the youth are raring to prove themselves. Better than having a bloated squad with people being unhappy due to expecting more minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.