It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good comparison. Another defender who couldn't sort his feet out right and ended up with the all-time OG record for a reason.

Ake is far too noticeable in the back line simply because he doesn't squeeze the play, likes to hang back, probably because he doesn't trust himself.

Maybe it is confidence, because Stones was doing exactly the same during his downturn, refusing to take responsibility and being exposed one on one?

But we knew Stones could do it, Ake has no such pedigree and wish we had held on to that £40m.

I do agree with this. Ake seems very much a back-foot defender and Stones at his worst is the same. There were a few England games where I wondered if Stones was slipping back into that habit, but hopefully we snap him out of that. Stones with front-foot aggression is pretty much the ideal Pep defender.

Sorry should have been Kane thread so Kane.

I think we won't be solely focused on running into the penalty area all the time.

The deeper, whipped wide delivery from KDB and Grealish is asking for someone like Kane to dominate with his head and avoid the nauseum of passing across the length of the area.

I'm excited to see that.

I think we won't be solely focused on running into the penalty area all the time.

The deeper, whipped wide delivery from KDB and Grealish is asking for someone like Kane to dominate with his head and avoid the nauseum of passing across the length of the area.

I'm excited to see that.
The plethora of tap-ins on offer with creativity around is brilliant. Can't remember how many times last season we missed the presence of a 9 in the box. Which makes what we achieved in the season even better

It's not harsh, it's bang on.

He was moaning to journalists back in Holland last season that he wasn't getting chances, despite him repeatedly injured.

Ake reminds me of a lot of poor central defenders who play right on the margins between success and failure.

Usually, because they don't have the positional nous or recovery pace to avoid last-ditch situations.

As stated, he reminds me of Garcia but with better heading ability from set-pieces.

At least with Kane in the team, we should be near unbeatable at defending corners.

I think it's a matter of concentration with Aké. He reminds me a bit of a goalkeeper who has excelled at a relegated club facing 25 shots per game, but then gets his big move and can't maintain his focus the handful of times he's called into action

I hope he settles down a bit this season as I think he's good enough to be a rotation option for us, but I don't think he's ever likely to play more than a couple of games on the bounce given our options in that position

You won't me need me now for this.

Talks are now at such a level, it would literally be impossible for anybody to be privy to the final knockings.

That's where I believe we are, and that'll do for me at this juncture.
Absolutely nobody can fault you this summer mate. Excellent work, everything has gone how u said it would.

HK9

Last edited:

I'm excited to see that.
Agree totally very predictable in tight games
Just hope this deal comes off Kane is a machine in front of goal

by the way did Varane actually die? wasn't he supposed to sign for the rags like, a month ago?

I'm excited to see that.

Kane gives us a lot of options. He can be that focal point in the box, he can occupy defenders while players like Sterling, Jesus, Torres, Foden, even Gündy run off him in behind, or he can drop right off and play as more of a playmaker from deep

I'm excited to see that.

We should see the return of the Sterling back post tap in as well with a 9 occupying the defenders and Keeper's attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.