It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
This link explains all.

Also the last paragaph on keepers getting injured or becoming ill for at least 30 days, says a replacement keeper can be made to the A list.

So Carson could be left out of the squad and then if we suffer an injury to a keeper could be then brought in temporarily to cover the injury.

We've got Rodri for that position and I reckon this season Cancello will fill in if needed

If I had to make a list of the players in our squad I wanted to play defensive midfield, Cancelo would be the very bottom of it.

The flakiest player we have had in years and his positional awareness is absolutely laughable. As soon as the ball goes over his head he has no idea what's going on or where he is, see Leeds for several examples before he got sent off.

i`m just wondering as with dinho looking his age would we not take Saul in a deal with bernardo going there?

It seems to me like loaning Saúl with an option would be the sensible thing to enquire about here.

We know Saúl has been incredible in the past, but his last 18 months has been miles below that due to him being out of position. Clubs seem cautious to commit a lot of money on an uncertainty.

His wages are high enough that taking them off Atletico's books might allow them to buy Bernardo.

Sell them Bernardo, get an option on Saúl, and try before we buy.

At the very least he's a mobile defensive or box to box midfielder who isn't going to get run around. And he's got loads of experience as an 8, left back and centreback if needed. He's even played very well next to Rodri as a pair in a 4231 formation if that's something Juan Lillo convinces Pep to do in some games.

I just feel we are leaving ourselves incredibly exposed if Fernandinho, like many great players before him, just goes off a cliff this autumn. And I'd rather have an experienced, versatile squad player than Scott Carson (who could be drafted in as an emergency signing in the case of an emergency)

Chelsea did this with Kovacic and it's worked out very well for them. Arsenal have done it with Odegaard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.