It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
A maximum of 25 players, two of whom must be goalkeepers. There are a minimum of eight places reserved exclusively for 'locally trained players'. If a club have fewer than eight locally trained players in their squad, then the maximum number of players on List A is reduced accordingly.

What's a 'locally trained player'?

There are two categories:
1. Club-trained players – players who were on a club's books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21;

2. Association-trained players – players who were on another club's books in the same association for three years between the ages of 15 and 21. No club can have more than four association-trained players among their eight 'local' nominees on List A.

It’s two keepers minimum and we can have up to 25 players, last year we had 21 players registered in the A list for champions league squad - so no it isn’t one in one out.

Our problem last year was that we couldn’t fill the maximum of 8 locally trained players - Kane is an addition to that number so we are ok.

In case the one above isn't clear, I'll try this way.

25 total, of which it is a minimum of 8 (4 club trained and 4 association trained) but a maximum of 17. once you fill either of the 4, the rest over the minimum take up one of the 17. If you don't fill the 4, still a maximum of 17, as they can't class as either.

We have 6 association trained. 2 take up 2 of the 17. Hence we only have 15 'foreign'. There isn't any more room to take up, even with a smaller squad registered.

A maximum of 25 players, two of whom must be goalkeepers. There are a minimum of eight places reserved exclusively for 'locally trained players'. If a club have fewer than eight locally trained players in their squad, then the maximum number of players on List A is reduced accordingly.

What's a 'locally trained player'?

There are two categories:
1. Club-trained players – players who were on a club's books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21;

2. Association-trained players – players who were on another club's books in the same association for three years between the ages of 15 and 21. No club can have more than four association-trained players among their eight 'local' nominees on List A.

It’s two keepers minimum and we can have up to 25 players, last year we had 21 players registered in the A list for champions league squad - so no it isn’t one in one out.

Our problem last year was that we couldn’t fill the maximum of 8 locally trained players - Kane is an addition to that number so we are ok.
This is wrong. Of the 8 locally trained 4 HAVE to be club trained. We currently have 22 first team players and only 1 is club trained. We cannot add any to the CL squad A list unless 1 drops off. For every non club trained player your squad size gets reduced

“List A:

Maximum of 25 players, 2 of whom must be goalkeepers, in which
Maximum of 21 non-club-trained players, in which
Maximum of 17 non-association-trained players

The fine print here is the max of 21 non club trained players. As soon as you hit 21 players that are not club trained your 25 squad size gets reduced. With Foden we can go to 22. It’s literally simple as we cannot register a new player on CL squad list A

like it says it right here https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsl...1-a63cc70aaed6-1000--champions-league-squads/

“Association-trained players – players who were on another club's books in the same association for three years between the ages of 15 and 21. No club can have more than four association-trained players among their eight 'local' nominees on List A.

Which basically stipulates what I said above.

It very much is. Fyi, I'm not trying to have a spat or anything, it is well intended pointing out.

The 4 spaces as per your category 1, don't need filled. You can register less. Same with your category 2, but once you fill the 4, all other association trained take up one of the 17.

We have filled our 17 with 15 and 2 from category 2. And our 4 association trained. We can't fut any more to either of those. We can fit in club trained, but only from our own academy.

So while we can, and have done, and will again, register a smaller squad, we can't register anyone else that isn't from your category 1. As the other two are at maximum capacity. This one in one out/omitted.

The issue to a smaller squad is we do not have enough club trained players.

Yeah, no slight taken, the rules are as clear as mud - I’ve now read the article of regulation for the champions league and your right - despite how many other ways I have read it over the last two years.

Thanks buddy - I actually understand that shit now !

Yeah, no slight taken, the rules are as clear as mud - I’ve now read the article of regulation for the champions league and your right - despite how many other ways I have read it over the last two years.

Thanks buddy - I actually understand that shit now !
Stephen Hawking would have struggled with it.

Does the title of this thread read “Txiki Blinders” or “Txiki Blunders”?

if we dont land a world class striker then the second one mate! especially if laporte and bernardo leave the squad as well and only grealish (who i am delighted to have!) coming in, the squad is weaker and we will struggle to win the title imo.

if we dont land a world class striker then the second one mate! especially if laporte and bernardo leave the squad as well and only grealish (who i am delighted to have!) coming in, the squad is weaker and we will struggle to win the title imo.
Only if we keep playing Mendy :)

Just bumped into one of the physios (not sure of his name, I always seen him on videos) at Scholes field and jokingly asked about Kane.

He shook his head, said £180m and listed his injuries. He said he’d prefer Mbappe or Haaland but both seem to prefer elsewhere. That was more his opinion.

He did say ‘there could be a surprise coming in the next 48 hours’. I obviously asked what and he said ‘well we need a forward don’t we?’…

Could be bollocks. Could be him on a wind up but still thought it’s worth sharing.

(post history shows I’m not one for saying stuff like this so it’s not me chatting shite - like on other topics - just passing on what he said)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.