It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if Clemmie Moody was right then we have already agreed to pay Levy 160m pounds and that is why Kane was happy that Levy has given him the green light for the move to be completed.

I understand Sport got involved in her story and they added the price tag. She had nothing to do with that element - happens quite a bit.

She had purely the info Spurs had contacted Harry the night after he came back from a mini holiday before the wedding to say they had agreed to the sale.

So if Clemmie Moody was right then we have already agreed to pay Levy 160m pounds and that is why Kane was happy that Levy has given him the green light for the move to be completed.
This is my take now - the hold up being perhaps another Levy 'gentlemens agreement' that he didn't tell Kane he wanted replacements/signings in before letting him leave. Now HK is having to hang around (and carry on playing for Spurs) when he thought he was going to be well out the door by now. Interesting developments these.

It's more a follow on to a post I made a couple of days ago. KDB was out injured, & we went on a mid-season winning streak & were playing some brilliant football.

Up comes the Derby, & a not match fit KDB comes back from injury, & straight into the starting lineup & Silva was dropped. I thought it was a big mistake at the time & so it proved as KDB was out of sorts.

Silva must have been thinking regardless of what he did at City, he was always gonna be regarded as the best of the rest, when imo he's better than that. He was given game time, but always seemed to be benched for our biggest games, & that's when the rumours of him wanting to leave gathered serious pace.

That's why I believe his wanting a move is partially our fault. No player should be guaranteed his place, but on several occasions I saw no good reason for him being dropped aside from he was behind Gundog & KDB in the pecking order, regardless of form.... Like I said, I'll be gutted if he leaves..... :-(
Point taken about league games but it relatively easy to say the same about other players. Let's face it the rotation was pretty wild last season and particularly in the 2nd half when the majority of the squad was fit.

Take Phil, only started 17 league games but had most minutes in the Champions League with 12 starts and 1 group stage sub appearance. Meanwhile, Bernie was the only other player to feature in all 13 CL games starting 11 with 2 subs in the group stage.

The biggest of biggest games were the CL knock-outs and Final and KDB/Gundog/Bernie started them all with the exception of KDB missing 1 game against M'bach. So that's an argument he wasn't downgraded for KDB or Gundog!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.