It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if im wrong but isnt Sterling one of the biggest advertising players we have, hes everywhere in Pepsi adverts, Hm adverts , Gillette , hes in a film documentary coming out about racism, Nike were using him as a poster boy in most of these hes wearing the city kit somewhere in the advert. I cant think of another player at the club apart apart from Sergio who is advertised this Globally hes also apparently signing a boot deal with New balance to be the new face for football for them. Even Jordan are trying to sign him to a deal.

All these adverts bring eyes to City. especially the ones where hes wearing our kit. Hes bringing in money for the club even if his on the pitch play is bad this season. Commercially hes massive for the club. So if you do sell him you need to bring a player in that can have the same commercial reach as Sterling.

Correct me if im wrong but isnt Sterling one of the biggest advertising players we have, hes everywhere in Pepsi adverts, Hm adverts , Gillette , hes in a film documentary coming out about racism, Nike were using him as a poster boy in most of these hes wearing the city kit somewhere in the advert. I cant think of another player at the club apart apart from Sergio who is advertised this Globally hes also apparently signing a boot deal with New balance to be the new face for football for them. Even Jordan are trying to sign him to a deal.

All these adverts bring eyes to City. especially the ones where hes wearing our kit. Hes bringing in money for the club even if his on the pitch play is bad this season. Commercially hes massive for the club. So if you do sell him you need to bring a player in that can have the same commercial reach as Sterling.
Sterling impact is minimal, unless its Neymar, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo the impact is minimal.

The best way to boost the brand is to win, win, win and win. If replacing Sterling with someone makes us win more, then thats what happens.

Gabriel Jesus for example has twice as many followers on Instagram than Sterling.

Not sure about the over reaction on the current Sterling situation to be honest, he's a player out of form which will come good again soon enough. It's happened to him before and he's got through it to become a key player and one of the first names on the sheet, Pep knows what he's doing and he just needs patience and time to find his mojo again.

Stones, Walker, Bernardo, Jesus along with many others are all players that given time have regained their form and Sterling is no different.

I would agree, but things do and can change.

My concern would be with Sterling's mindset if he continues to feel frustrated by not starting every game or his poor form continues.

City do need to protect ourselves if Sterling doesn't get a move on soon with regards his contract renewal.

He would have two years left this summer and that's about as far as we can let it go before making a decision for someone so valuable.

Sterling is currently in a very strong bargaining position after Kev's increased renewal.

The market isn't conducive to a big money sale this summer but next year we could probably expect less than his real market value, certainly if, like Sane, he's been happy to run it down in his favour.

Let's not forget he did similar at Liverpool, which is his prerogative.

I get a sense a lot of big name players now are quite happy to run down their deals and leave for next to nothing.

No indication Sterling isn't committed, but with the Euros on this summer, time is not on our side to broker any big issues.
Good points, though surely the strength of his bargaining position is weakened by his level of performance over the last 12-18 months? One potential problem for City is that nobody else will give him the contract he wants unless they were getting him for free or at a heavily discounted fee.

Not sure about the over reaction on the current Sterling situation to be honest, he's a player out of form which will come good again soon enough. It's happened to him before and he's got through it to become a key player and one of the first names on the sheet, Pep knows what he's doing and he just needs patience and time to find his mojo again.

Stones, Walker, Bernardo, Jesus along with many others are all players that given time have regained their form and Sterling is no different.

I really truly hope you are right

At this moment he needs taking out of the first 11

What’s the situation with our sale of Kelechi do we have any sell on buy back or bonuses built in given our need for a striker and his current form

I really truly hope you are right

At this moment he needs taking out of the first 11
Which I believe he has been, he played yesterday as a squad player not as a main starter. Foden has surpassed him on that front and will be confirmed when he's only on the bench on Wednesday, all it needs though is for him to come off the bench and bang one in to take us through and everything over the last few weeks would be forgotten. (Crossed fingers)

Sterling impact is minimal, unless its Neymar, Mbappe, Messi, Ronaldo the impact is minimal.

The best way to boost the brand is to win, win, win and win. If replacing Sterling with someone makes us win more, then thats what happens.

Gabriel Jesus for example has twice as many followers on Instagram than Sterling.
Yeah, winning has definitely been a big problem recently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.