It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been a pretty rubbish summer with regards to transfers. Was nice to get Grealish on but we are desperate for a forward. A left back and centre back would have been preferable over Grealish to be honest. I think after the massive disappointment of losing the champions league we were all looking forward to a big name forward but seems that bar something left field there is nothing doing which is such a shame as especially as our only recognised centre forward now plays better on the wing.

I also understand people’s frustration regarding a lack of business but it’s not a want of trying by City, it’s not fifa or champ manger and transfers can be stupidly difficult to deal. Also some of the shade being thrown at some posters such as Tolmie etc is out of line. I imagine he gets fed snippets and as an excited fan passes it on in good faith. To pin blame or throw shade at these chaps is really not on as they are doing so in good faith.
The club has to have a lot of faith in Zinchenko to not go after a LB/or they think Ake/Laporte can do a job there if anything.. weird one for sure.

I’ve been lurking here for a while, never made an account, but I finally decided to today and share some stuff. I figured this saga has annoyed some people (including me), so I wanna show people some optimism, but please don’t let this be false hope.

I’m not gonna claim I’m some sort of Top Tier ITK, because I’m far from it. But I do speak to someone kind of close to some people related to the club. Is he reliable? Not always, was pretty spot on when it came to info about Dias/Torres/Grealish, but wrong about other stuff Jorginho/Maguire/Ronaldo (more recently). Sometimes I feel like he’s waffling, but there is at least SOME truth to most stuff he says, so please take this with a grain of salt.

City are still intending to make signings, however, there’s no guarantee they’ll be able to make any before the window closes. They’re happy with the squad as is, and don’t want to panic buy any players that were never on the radar. From what I’ve been told, Haaland and Lewandowski rumours are total bs.

BUT, the board haven’t given up on Kane. Mission impossible? Sort of, it’s very difficult. City wanted to negotiate, Levy didn’t, so City backtracked. But it’s acknowledged that Levy will accept a “very high, full cash” bid (Wasn’t given an exact figure), and it’s possible we submit something during the last few days of the window as a latch ditch effort. Kane would still be open. But again, it’s tricky because the possibility of this bid relies on player sales. City want to sell Bernardo, and potentially Sterling, but as things stand, the sale of any players looks unlikely.

Also been told we’re considering a potential Bernardo swap deal. Wasn’t told with who, but my guess is possibly Joao Felix with Atletico, or Griezmann with Barca? That’d make the most sense.

interest in a left back too, but wasn’t told much about that, so I can’t say much

Basically, the board are still trying for Kane if they can offload players, and potentially a left back. Kane is incredibly difficult, but I was told “don’t rule it out”. They really really want Kane. A swap deal involving Bernardo could be a “Plan B” if Kane fails, and if deemed fair, but City are totally happy to keep their squad as is, so it’s also rather unlikely.

Stuff could develop tomorrow obvs, maybe we’ll consider someone else, but for now that’s all Ik.

Again, don’t believe this if you don’t want to, I just wanted to potentially give some optimism to people who thought this window was over

keeping optimistic! far too much doom and gloom on this thread. i’m happy with the team we have but like i’ve said on here earlier, still 4 days of the transfer window to go and anything can happen between now and then!

We will see around February time where this squad is.

The other teams really have strengthened whereas we brought in a top player we didn't really need.

The only thing separating us from them is Pep.
Yep and we have him, so no need for anyone to panic. The fuckers who should be are Trafford, they’ve nowhere to fucking hide after splurging the cash this summer and the pressure is firmly at their feet.

Fair enough. Yeah I'll still wait till the window shuts but it looks to be a poor one as it stands.
Yeah, it’s not been great but Grealish is a huge plus, and keeping Laporte and Bernardo will be too if they stay. Can’t sugarcoat it though. Not getting a replacement for Aguero or a left-back would be incredibly negligent imo.

I’m going to reserve judgement until the window actually closes, just in case we pull something out of the bag, even though it seems unlikely.

It's extremely unlikely.

They sat waiting for the phone to ring from Spurs all summer, got publicly used by Mendes and Ronaldo and now in 4 days they're panicking to get a striker in, or now possibly a left back.

After an amazing league season but a disappointing Champions league final, Pep deserved to have a top striker. The club have badly let him down.

Come on...the Athletic are no better than the main stream red top press in this country. The lauded themselves as some new wave sports coverage when in fact it is just a load of shite as per usual
Yeah I’m no fan of theirs either but thought the claims about Mendes were interesting, especially as City seemed to have well and truly hitched their wagon to him in recent years

The Rags have spent £132mill.

Sancho, Varane, Ronaldo.

MUEN.

The MEN revealed United are planning a medical for Ronaldo in Lisbon and the 36-year-old is set to sign a two-year contract worth £480,000-a-week.

Yep and we have him, so no need for anyone to panic. The fuckers who should be are Trafford, they’ve nowhere to fucking hide after splurging the cash this summer and the pressure is firmly at their feet.

As long as the media is filled with ex-rag players and utd supporters then they will have excuses for everything.

Some good points.

The issue with other clubs seemingly outbidding us is strange. We have won a lot since the takeover but we are still walking in baby shoes when it come to taking the big players from other clubs.

FFP has slowed what we can spend. The club seem intent on going along with this charade. The money to blow teams away is not available.

The superstars of the game still seem reluctant to join. I am not saying we have not bought some fantastic players but when it come to the Haaland’s & Mbappe we are not first choice.
Well not entirely true, we have spent a lot of money, and seem to be willing to spend more.

What bothers me is that we for some unexplainable reason didnt give up on chasing Kane much sooner. We should have put a deadline on that deal a month ago, instead of putting our hopes on that Levy would change his mind for some reason.
By not putting a deadline earlier we have put ourselves in a position where either potential targets have already gone, or that the few remaining either will be even more expensive since everyone knows we are desperate, or not for sale since there is no time for the selling club to get a replacement.
Seems like an amateur move to me, and with months to plan what to do before the season even had ended, I would have expected someone that is being paid by the club to sort this stuff out to have a better plan than this. All off this could have been easily avoided. Of course there is still a possibility we could find a solution, there is still ~96 hours left of the window. But this is not a position a well run club like ours should put ourselves in in my opinion.

Im not demanding that we sign a Messi, Ronaldo or Lukaku. It could be someone younger, with the potential to be a regular starter for us. As long as there is/was some sort of plan! I just think its not to much to ask that we actually have a striker in the squad, preferably when the season start, we are a professional football club after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.