It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laughing it out with a Catalan journalist on twitter DMs about Lu Martin’s “credibility”

It makes no sense. The club won’t spend an insane amount of money on a player that won’t bring commercial returns. Kane would be an option for a considerably less amount of money. That kind of dead end investment in this environment simply won’t happen.
I read your other posts about Haaland and the commercial revenue you think he will bring in but I just don't see it at the moment. He is a popular figure and his records etc are lighting up Twitter etc but as soon as he joins City his reputation takes a huge hit with the "football twitter" and he will be accused of being a money laundering human rights sympathiser before hes even put a scarf above his head, he will be the face of City across the world of course and we will gain traction from that but sponsorship wise etc I don't see him being any bigger of an impact than anyone else we have, we have KDB who is probably the undisputed best midfielder in the world and he barely gets a mention.

I want us to bring in Haaland rather than Kane because he could be here for 10+ years and the family connection etc however if the finances dont make sense then Kane is another superb option, he scores 30+ a season and potentially leads us to title after title then we see where we are with Delap etc in a couple years.

I read your other posts about Haaland and the commercial revenue you think he will bring in but I just don't see it at the moment. He is a popular figure and his records etc are lighting up Twitter etc but as soon as he joins City his reputation takes a huge hit with the "football twitter" and he will be accused of being a money laundering human rights sympathiser before hes even put a scarf above his head, he will be the face of City across the world of course and we will gain traction from that but sponsorship wise etc I don't see him being any bigger of an impact than anyone else we have, we have KDB who is probably the undisputed best midfielder in the world and he barely gets a mention.

I want us to bring in Haaland rather than Kane because he could be here for 10+ years and the family connection etc however if the finances dont make sense then Kane is another superb option, he scores 30+ a season and potentially leads us to title after title then we see where we are with Delap etc in a couple years.
True, but I don't see Kane ever being substatially cheaper or easier to get than Haaland. So if Haaland is too expensive for us then can't see Kane being a cheaper alternative.

True, but I don't see Kane ever being substatially cheaper or easier to get than Haaland. So if Haaland is too expensive for us then can't see Kane being a cheaper alternative.
It does seem like it would be similar figures but perhaps not, maybe we are looking at a smaller transfer figure but then a player in exchange for Kane. Or Haalands figures are nowhere near what we think they are.

If its Haaland or Kane for 120m then its simple but Haaland at 150m + 500k a week + 40m to Raiola and Kane is 80m + Mahrez (picking someone random here) and 250k a week then its a different proposition.

I am talking about global revenue and presence. Which is precisely the kind of status change that he would provide and the club would be interested in. The kind of “football Twitter” trash you’re referring to is a bubble that isn’t at all reflective of real life. Two of the four biggest football stars right now are at PSG and no one links them up with Catar. Their presence there has drastically changed the reach of the PSG brand. I understand you are thinking up the impact inside a specific and very involved bubble in England, but the thing about global stars is that they’re above that. Kevin is a brilliant and adored player but wherever he goes, the money Haaland will potentially bring to a club Is beyond anything Kevin ever would. That’s why these superstars get to ask for astronomical wages and their agents same thing; because there is an understanding that both sides are profiting equally.

I personally am in the minority who would prefer Kane to haaland so I hope this is true. Kane is as good as any striker in world football he would score so many goals for us and we wouldn’t need to overplay him like spurs so don’t see his injuries being that much of a concern. We get Kane we dominate domestically for another 4 years imo
You’re not alone, we may be in the minority but that doesn’t mean we’re not right ;)

I am talking about global revenue and presence. Which is precisely the kind of status change that he would provide and the club would be interested in. The kind of “football Twitter” trash you’re referring to is a bubble that isn’t at all reflective of real life. Two of the four biggest football stars right now are at PSG and no one links them up with Catar. Their presence there has drastically changed the reach of the PSG brand. I understand you are thinking up the impact inside a specific and very involved bubble in England, but the thing about global stars is that they’re above that. Kevin is a brilliant and adored player but wherever he goes, the money Haaland will potentially bring to a club Is beyond anything Kevin ever would. That’s why these superstars get to ask for astronomical wages and their agents same thing; because there is an understanding that both sides are profiting equally.
Potentially, we will have to wait and see on that one. I do understand your perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.