It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does kind of make sense if you think about it. Apparently Pep really rates Delap, so Harry being 28/29 in the summer he could come in educate Delap, score goals and win trophies with us then when Kane leaves Delap is then ready to be the number 9.

Probably my age and relative inner peace at having seen us lift more trophy’s than I could ever imagine was possible in the wilderness years I’m personally uncomfortable with a splurge of £100m plus on a single player. Certainly those regularly named on this forum. Staying ahead is desirable but I would be happy with a small number of more modestly priced players to fit into our squad.

Given the last 12 months and the inevitable hardship faced by many ordinary people going forward a little less is more for me.

In any event I think player agents are in denial and football correspondents and pundits in dreamland. Releasing players we no longer need to make space (Mendey say) is going to be problematic given wages etc. I fervently hope there is a year of settlement where Agents feel a pinch and player prices and benefits are reigned in a little. A dream I know before you tell me to wise up.

It does kind of make sense if you think about it. Apparently Pep really rates Delap, so Harry being 28/29 in the summer he could come in educate Delap, score goals and win trophies with us then when Kane leaves Delap is then ready to be the number 9.
It makes no sense. The club won’t spend an insane amount of money on a player that won’t bring commercial returns. Kane would be an option for a considerably less amount of money. That kind of dead end investment in this environment simply won’t happen.

Probably my age and relative inner peace at having seen us lift more trophy’s than I could ever imagine was possible in the wilderness years I’m personally uncomfortable with a splurge of £100m plus on a single player. Certainly those regularly named on this forum. Staying ahead is desirable but I would be happy with a small number of more modestly priced players to fit into our squad.

Given the last 12 months and the inevitable hardship faced by many ordinary people going forward a little less is more for me.

In any event I think player agents are in denial and football correspondents and pundits in dreamland. Releasing players we no longer need to make space (Mendey say) is going to be problematic given wages etc. I fervently hope there is a year of settlement where Agents feel a pinch and player prices and benefits are reigned in a little. A dream I know before you tell me to wise up.
What do we splurge with? Oil? We lost £120m last season. IMO there will be very few major transfers in football unless there is a strong confidence that match-day revenue will be returning. If there are major transfers then look for clubs in financial crisis as a result of debts and cashflow.

Covid is temporary, but how temporary. I can't see City adding massively to our cost base until the finances are in place. A club like Chelsea where Abramovic underwrites transfers might be able to do this but at City there hasn't been any significant owner investment in years.

38 million at the time for Sergio, although nowhere near the record transfer, it was still a hell of a lot of money. Stretch that transfer over 10 years and it been an amazing deal. Get it right and it will become a similar deal.

How much have we spent on central defenders each year because we haven't got it right until we've signed Dias.

Harry Kane over a 5 year deal is the equivalent of signing Danny Ings every summer & Haland would work out even less as we would be looking at him staying for 10 years.

What do we splurge with? Oil? We lost £120m last season. IMO there will be very few major transfers in football unless there is a strong confidence that match-day revenue will be returning. If there are major transfers then look for clubs in financial crisis as a result of debts and cashflow.

Covid is temporary, but how temporary. I can't see City adding massively to our cost base until the finances are in place. A club like Chelsea where Abramovic underwrites transfers might be able to do this but at City there hasn't been any significant owner investment in years.

I think you’re being a bit pessimistic here with the match-day returns for next season. Clubs are operating under the assumption of progressively welcoming a larger number of attendees.

I agree with you on the last part which is why now I don’t think an investment on a Kane is a possibility anymore because it’s not financially smart. On the other hand, an investment on Haaland has a totally different and more radical kind of potential that I see this being where the owner would get involved. I guess we will see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.