It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haaland has time on his side, no need to rush and a release clause within the next 12 months that will have most clubs in Europe fighting for him if he keeps his form up. Messi is out of contract and can pick any team in the world.

Kane is in by far the worst position and has to start it himself to get the ball rolling. He knows he's got 1 big move left, with good wages and a good contract, he has to go now. He was also respectful to the club and chairman whilst making his ambition known. He won't get anywhere sitting there letting another summer pass.

You seem to have misunderstood the core of my post. I was talking firstly about how there is a double standard applied here. When Messi contacted Bartomeu last summer, he wasn’t out of contract, by the way.

Kane absolutely did not need to give an interview like he did. You can say he was led by someone else to do it and it wasn’t his idea. This could have 100% been done outside the public sphere. He chose to embarrass Levy in public into getting his way, but he has also embarrassed the fans of his club. I have spoken to a few today and none of them liked that interview. Messi, in his situation, could literally have done the same: come out during those weeks to embarrass Bartomeu and get the public on his side; instead, he didn’t even take advantage of the fact that Bartomeu became investigated by the police during that saga. He should be by far more desperate than Kane to leave given his older age.
If one of our players did an interview like Kane’s today, we would all turn them into villains. People here hate Garcia and some even Sane for much less

Messi lets Bartomeu know he’s activating a clause in his contract, doesn’t tell the media about it, doesn’t negotiate with clubs: it’s “a circus” and he’s all about money.

Haaland never talks about transfers, all that happens is Raiola (the world’s worst person, of course) and Alfie are caught by a paparazzi in Barcelona in a set-up by Laporta, Raiola never objectively says in interviews that Haaland is looking for a transfer this summer: he’s “whoring himself around Europe” and “Raiola wants a bidding war”.

Kane gives in an interview HIMSELF on tv saying he wants out despite no release clause because I don’t win anything in my club, my price is X, the chairman has to let me go because I’ve been good to the club: “it’s obvious this transfer will happen”, “he will be great here”, “oh our great English captain!” etc.

The double standard is beyond the pale. Kane has been by far the most unprofessional. His club is still fighting for a place in European competitions next season. He was only thinking about himself.
Is it because he’s English?
For a fanbase so worried about the character of the players, getting behind one who acts like a dirty thug on the pitch and like a selfish footballer off the pitch, makes no sense.

It’s a no from me.
Lol. This Haaland to Kane turnaround has gotten you worked up so much so that you're becoming paranoid. You want(ed) Haaland, the club,for unknown reasons and circumstances,has seemingly chosen to go in another direction. Unburden yourself,it's not your burden to carry. UTB

You seem to have misunderstood the core of my post. I was talking firstly about how there is a double standard applied here. When Messi contacted Bartomeu last summer, he wasn’t out of contract, by the way.

Kane absolutely did not need to give an interview like he did. You can say he was led by someone else to do it and it wasn’t his idea. This could have 100% been done outside the public sphere. He chose to embarrass Levy in public into getting his way, but he has also embarrassed the fans of his club. I have spoken to a few today and none of them liked that interview. Messi, in his situation, could literally have done the same: come out during those weeks to embarrass Bartomeu and get the public on his side; instead, he didn’t even take advantage of the fact that Bartomeu became investigated by the police during that saga. He should be by far more desperate than Kane to leave given his older age.
If one of our players did an interview like Kane’s today, we would all turn them into villains. People here hate Garcia and some even Sane for much less

And look where that got Messi?

Raheem Sterling did exactly the same as Kane, worse in fact and got out. Kane in this very moment is protecting his own interests, in this very moment he won't be thinking about Spurs fans, he's thinking how do I get my hands on the Premier League, the Champions League etc..?

If you play for rich club and you want to leave, you have to kick up a fuss it's as simple as that.

Lol. This Haaland to Kane turnaround has gotten you worked up so much so that you're becoming paranoid. You want(ed) Haaland, the club,for unknown reasons and circumstances,has seemingly chosen to go in another direction. Unburden yourself,it's not your burden to carry. UTB
“Lol” indeed. It’s so much easier to choose to make it personal than to address my points. Do I want Haaland? Yes. I also would have preferred Lukaku to Kane, and had to endure racist insinuations (about him) and low level comments every time I mentioned that.
But this kind of response to my post is all I needed

And look where that got Messi?

Raheem Sterling did exactly the same as Kane, worse in fact and got out. Kane in this very moment is protecting his own interests, in this very moment he won't be thinking about Spurs fans, he's thinking how do I get my hands on the Premier League, the Champions League etc..?

If you play for rich club and you want to leave, you have to kick up a fuss it's as simple as that.

Where that got Messi is that at 34 he still stayed at his club instead of causing what he deemed unnecessary trouble. He tried to leave doing the decent thing.
I don’t care what Sterling did, but he never meant to Liverpool fans what Kane knows he means for Spurs fans.
I won’t be convinced that he couldn’t have tried to do this behind the scenes, exhaust all his attempts and at the end, having failed, I could forgive him for going public then. I cannot accept that he chose to create HIMSELF this disturbance to his club while they are still fighting for something.

And if he wanted the Champions League so badly, maybe he shouldn’t have gone missing in that final two seasons ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.