It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to have misunderstood the core of my post. I was talking firstly about how there is a double standard applied here. When Messi contacted Bartomeu last summer, he wasn’t out of contract, by the way.

Kane absolutely did not need to give an interview like he did. You can say he was led by someone else to do it and it wasn’t his idea. This could have 100% been done outside the public sphere. He chose to embarrass Levy in public into getting his way, but he has also embarrassed the fans of his club. I have spoken to a few today and none of them liked that interview. Messi, in his situation, could literally have done the same: come out during those weeks to embarrass Bartomeu and get the public on his side; instead, he didn’t even take advantage of the fact that Bartomeu became investigated by the police during that saga. He should be by far more desperate than Kane to leave given his older age.
If one of our players did an interview like Kane’s today, we would all turn them into villains. People here hate Garcia and some even Sane for much less
That last para is very true.

Where that got Messi is that at 34 he still stayed at his club instead of causing what he deemed unnecessary trouble. He tried to leave doing the decent thing.
I don’t care what Sterling did, but he never meant to Liverpool fans what Kane knows he means for Spurs fans.
I won’t be convinced that he couldn’t have tried to do this behind the scenes, exhaust all his attempts and at the end, I could forgive him if he went public then. I cannot accept that he chose to create HIMSELF this disturbance to his club while they are still fighting for something.

And if he wanted the Champions League so badly, maybe he shouldn’t have gone missing in that final two seasons ago

You don't know this though, you don't know that he hasn't been banging on the door for the last 6 months. You don't know that he wasn't promised he could go if they won nothing this year. You don't know if he's been getting the impression that Levy wasn't going to let him go. The whole point is you don't know what happens in private. More often than not if they go public it's for a reason and not the first option.

Oh yeah because that was Kane's fault? He shouldn't even have played that final, he was rushed back and wasn't fit.

You seem to have misunderstood the core of my post. I was talking firstly about how there is a double standard applied here. When Messi contacted Bartomeu last summer, he wasn’t out of contract, by the way.

Kane absolutely did not need to give an interview like he did. You can say he was led by someone else to do it and it wasn’t his idea. This could have 100% been done outside the public sphere. He chose to embarrass Levy in public into getting his way, but he has also embarrassed the fans of his club. I have spoken to a few today and none of them liked that interview. Messi, in his situation, could literally have done the same: come out during those weeks to embarrass Bartomeu and get the public on his side; instead, he didn’t even take advantage of the fact that Bartomeu became investigated by the police during that saga. He should be by far more desperate than Kane to leave given his older age.
If one of our players did an interview like Kane’s today, we would all turn them into villains. People here hate Garcia and some even Sane for much less
If you’re upset by double standards then football isn’t the sport for you. Like Cole Sear in The Sixth Sense with dead people, you see them all the time.

If Harry the Hotspur, he’s one of our own, Roy of the Rovers, Melchester and England captain Kane comes to City, the next double standard you will see is the PGMOL stasi spotting every thuggish back in on a jumping defender.

You are wrong about Garcia and Sané. We hate FCBarca, not Garcia. Sane is more disappointment than hate. If he’d knuckled down here under Pep he’d be a Balon D’or winner.

“Lol” indeed. It’s so much easier to choose to make it personal than to address my points. Do I want Haaland? Yes. I also would have preferred Lukaku to Kane, and had to endure racist insinuations (about him) and low level comments every time I mentioned that.
But this kind of response to my post is all I needed
Not personal, at all. But this all stems from the noise around Kane right now and the positivity around him,previously it was all about Haaland and it's ok.
Your bias for Erling is jumping out,and it's perfectly normal,because,now,any +ve comment on H/-ve comment on Haaland you're easily interpreting it as a full out attack on Haaland thus your bias showing

You don't know this though, you don't know that he hasn't been banging on the door for the last 6 months. You don't know that he wasn't promised he could go if they won nothing this year. You don't know if he's been getting the impression that Levy wasn't going to let him go. The whole point is you don't know what happens in private. More often than not if they go public it's for a reason and not the first option.
And you do? I watched that interview trying to read into what he was saying. What I got wasn’t someone who had tried to talk Levy into something and became frustrated. And again, even if that were the case, did he need to this when he did? Could he not have wanted one more week? The transfer window hasn’t opened yet. Just because he set an artificial deadline for himself, doesn’t mean the club has to suffer the consequences.

But I get it. People have already internalized he’s one of us and it’s gotten to the “blind defense” phase.

Oh yeah because that was Kane's fault? He shouldn't even have played that final, he was rushed back and wasn't fit.

I don’t disagree that he wasn’t fit, but he pushed to play that game. He put the guy who scored a hattrick in the semifinal and got them into the final on the bench. And by the way, has Kane ever done something as major in a big game as Lucas Moura in that away clash vs Ajax?

Your bias for Erling is jumping out,and it's perfectly normal,because,now,any +ve comment on H/-ve comment on Haaland you're easily interpreting it as a full out attack on Haaland thus your bias showing

Again, this reductionism suits a lot of people here. “You’re (your?) just saying this because you wanted Haaland (adds a lol for effect at the end maybe?)” Please...
But I won’t be a one-man army responding to multiple posters at once. I get it, you all disagree with me. I can live with that, especially after seeing the level of the rebuttals. Cheers

And you do? I watched that interview trying to read into what he was saying. What I got wasn’t someone who had tried to talk Levy into something and became frustrated. And again, even if that were the case, did he need to this when he did? Could he not have wanted one more week? The transfer window hasn’t opened yet. Just because he set an artificial deadline for himself, doesn’t mean the club has to suffer the consequences.

But I get it. People have already internalized he’s one of us and it’s gotten to the “blind defense” phase.

No I don't but I can only judge the public aspect and it just sounded like a player who had done all he could for the club but has now decided his future lies elsewhere. There's no internalisation, I just don't hold it against players if they want to leave. Players protect their best interests, clubs protect theirs. I don't hold it against Garcia or Sane for doing similar. We've been very fortunate in the sense that we're club moving forward and winning trophies otherwise the same thing would happen to us more often.

The only thing Harry Kane has done wrong is sign a contract without any clauses giving him an out. Spurs can keep him if they want, they don't have to sell him, it just makes no sense keeping an unhappy player. Especially a player whose value will depreciate as his contract gets shorter and the player himself gets more frustrated.

I don’t disagree that he wasn’t fit, but he pushed to play that game. He put the guy who scored a hattrick in the semifinal and got them into the final on the bench. And by the way, has Kane ever done something as major in a big game as Lucas Moura in that away clash vs Ajax?

Well that's on Pochettino, not Harry Kane. Pep would bench De Bruyne for the final if he wasn't fit.

As for the Lucas Moura part, Kane has had big moments in his career but no he hasn't done anything in the late stages of the Champions League (semi-final onwards) but neither had any of our players until this season. Other targets such as Haaland have also done nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.