It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are forgetting the bonuses the club will land from our own stable of sponsors for winning the Champions League.

It's sizeable.
I would imagine player and management bonuses would also be huge, but very much deserved.

With Laporte I would be gutted to see him go but have to say since his injury he has looked and played very differently, not the player he was.

Laporte hasn’t been trusted since Kane dragged him out of position to score earlier this Summer. It was rumoured that we’d trained on that exact movement yet he still fell for it. Since then, he’s been second fiddle.

Laporte hasn’t been trusted since Kane dragged him out of position to score earlier this Summer. It was rumoured that we’d trained on that exact movement yet he still fell for it. Since then, he’s been second fiddle.
Don't tthink it's a trust of Laporte, more that Stones and Dias have been undroppable for the big games.

Real Madrid want him.

I think we may do business... for me Laporte hasn’t been the same since his major injury and if he’s not happy to stay positive and fight for selection he’s better gone. Not sure Real have the cash - so it’ll be 50p a week unless they can offload a few.

If we are in for Grealish maybe Sterling is the one to make way, especialy with his contract situation.

Pep I can see agreeing to stay longer, Kane, Haaland, Grealish are they going to commit to 5 year deals if Pep is only going to be around for another 2?

And where is Pep going to find better working conditions than here? He wants for nothing and the club matches his personal winning ambitions. The only league I could see him wanting to go and try is Italy, and Serie A looks in a hell of a state at this time, a big step down from the Prem'.

I said from day one that City would be a better fit. At Barca he would have to put up with the political infighting. At Bayern he`d have the arse holes that form the old ex players group who want things done there way.

IMO City are his ideal fit professionally. Whether he can carry on dealing with his personal family problems here is the big question.

I said from day one that City would be a better fit. At Barca he would have to put up with the political infighting. At Bayern he`d have the arse holes that form the old ex players group who want things done there way.

IMO City are his ideal fit professionally. Whether he can carry on dealing with his personal family problems here is the big question.
Agreed but his kids are growing up and he is the sort of intense work obsessed guy that would probably not see his wife even if they were together in the same building.

Hopefully if the covid situation continues to improve it will make the commuting to Spain easier for all the family.

Who knows what might go on with Raheem this summer, but if we do get the impression that's his end game, we may have to be open to a sale - even below market valuation.

He positioned his exit from Liverpool and I am hearing more and more that players will be happy to run down their deals in the next few years.

If the figures being thrown around for Grealish and Kane are true, we should be able to get a minimum of £80m for Sterling.
Even factoring in this season's form, that's giving him away!

As for the contract situation, this is interesting because it was intimated that Mbappe may play out his contract and leave for free too.
If that's the case then the clubs owners have a big decision to make because ultimately to them it's a business and the players are assets.
Why would you invest time and money in a player knowing they are going to leave for free?
The clubs need to make money so if this becomes a normal practice, i think the clubs will become more ruthless. It'll become more impersonal and It could also go the way it is for American sports, where there are shorter contracts and teams trade players pretty much without their say so, and you hear players all the time saying "i understand, it's just business"

If the figures being thrown around for Grealish and Kane are true, we should be able to get a minimum of £80m for Sterling.

As for the contract situation, this is interesting because it was intimated that Mbappe may play out his contract and leave for free too.
If that's the case then the clubs owners have a big decision to make because ultimately to them it's a business and the players are assets.
Why would you invest time and money in a player knowing they are going to leave for free?
The clubs need to make money so if this becomes a normal practice, i think the clubs will become more ruthless. It'll become more impersonal and It could also go the way it is for American sports, where there are shorter contracts and teams trade players pretty much without their say so, and you hear players all the time saying "i understand, it's just business"

Well either contracts get shorter and everyone leaves for free with the players pocketing the transfer fee divided by the length of the contract as a signing on bonus or the clubs insist on contracts until the player is 30+ or they don’t sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.