It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say Bernardo and Laporte looking most likely at the moment.
Which is unfortunate because quite frankly I’d hoped we’d go one window without looking for a centre back. My main concern is no real movement on the left back front

Which is unfortunate because quite frankly I’d hoped we’d go one window without looking for a centre back. My main concern is no real movement on the left back front
If Laporte goes we won’t sign one IMO. Ake, Fernandinho (hopefully still here) and maybe even THB. Can Pep be arsed signing another big name CB and have them moaning about game time. I don’t think so.

Anyone who wants to leave should be allowed to, as long as as we get a reasonable offer for them. Little point in keeping anyone who doesn’t want to be here. That said, a mass exodus seems pretty unlikely. Think we’ll only see 2/3 senior players at most (in addition to Aguero and Garcia) leave.

The 'reasonable offer' part is the issue imo. Bernardo and Laporte are easily worth atleast 60m+. I just can't envision us getting that sort of fee and swap deals are perhaps even more problematic. To improve our team, you need to be an elite player. Barca and Atletico don't have all that many.

Anyone who wants to leave should be allowed to, as long as as we get a reasonable offer for them. Little point in keeping anyone who doesn’t want to be here. That said, a mass exodus seems pretty unlikely. Think we’ll only see 2/3 senior players at most (in addition to Aguero and Garcia) leave.
This seems to be our philosophy and it’s admirable, but no other club adopts the same approach... for eg, Kane, if he were ours and we were in Spurs position, it would be that he’s served us well and he wants to move on etc, so we’ll accept £65m! Whereas Levi is apparently demanding £120m+ ...it’s admirable, as I said, but it needs to change! Laporte was arguably up there with Van Dyke as the best in the world 12 months ago, and whilst I’m delighted with Stones / Diaz, if someone wants Laporte, it should be 100m and not the 45m we are likely to get!

I’d say Bernardo and Laporte looking most likely at the moment.
Not normally one to post ITK shite but Bernardo’s supposed ‘desire to leave’ is absolute 100% bollocks according to my mate who lives in his same building.
He is understandably homesick, as is every foreign worker trapped overseas, but knows and accepts no club in the entire world could have looked after the players better in lockdown. Food, concierge services, personal visits when allowed, City are looking after these boys 100%
He has apparently FaceTimed Portugal and ex-Monaco colleagues in other countries and been shocked how little care they have received compared to City.
Benjamin Mendy is a regular and noisy visitor, they really are besties

This seems to be our philosophy and it’s admirable, but no other club adopts the same approach... for eg, Kane, if he were ours and we were in Spurs position, it would be that he’s served us well and he wants to move on etc, so we’ll accept £65m! Whereas Levi is apparently demanding £120m+ ...it’s admirable, as I said, but it needs to change! Laporte was arguably up there with Van Dyke as the best in the world 12 months ago, and whilst I’m delighted with Stones / Diaz, if someone wants Laporte, it should be 100m and not the 45m we are likely to get!
Sorry to quote myself, I just wanted to add - Laporte is 100% better than the Easter Island at the swamp, and so whilst I would be gutted if he left... I am realistic enough to accept that a player like Laporte can’t be 2nd fiddle, but we need to get £80m+, otherwise I’d be extremely annoyed!

Sorry to quote myself, I just wanted to add - Laporte is 100% better than the Easter Island at the swamp, and so whilst I would be gutted if he left... I am realistic enough to accept that a player like Laporte can’t be 2nd fiddle, but we need to get £80m+, otherwise I’d be extremely annoyed!
Laporte will be back as first choice by November. John has had a great year but sooner or later, he’s going to Stones it all up again

I've not been paying attention to transfer stuff because quite frankly it's all total horseshit, virtually nothing worldwide will happen until the euros are done but despite that I've still seen barca linked with laporte, Bernardo, sterling, mahrez, gundogan and Fernandinho this week alone. add Garcia and aguero to it and its quite clear somebody has an obsession. Where the fuck are publicly very skint barca getting the money for even one of those? They couldn't even give wijnaldums the wages he wanted and didn't want to pay Garcia ffs.

This is the garth crooks team of the week of transfer gossip.

Completely agree. City need to stop acting like charity at times.

You want to leave? Fine but the buying club needs to stump up the market value just like we always have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.