It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Villa offering Grealish the same wage is actually good news for us. It somehow makes it out to Grealish's side that they think he can be persuaded by money, and if he's already told them he wants to go and win trophies then he'd look like a bullshitter if he suddenly changed his mind - does that make sense? If he accepts it he kinda looks like a liar about his initial intentions and that he actually only really cared about money. I could of course be talking bullshit here, but I do think pride would kick in and you'd double down on your initial stance.

I reckon Villa offering Grealish the same wage is actually good news for us. It somehow makes it out to Grealish's side that they think he can be persuaded by money, and if he's already told them he wants to go and win trophies then he'd look like a bullshitter if he suddenly changed his mind - does that make sense? If he accepts it he kinda looks like a liar about his initial intentions and that he actually only really cared about money. I could of course be talking bullshit here, but I do think pride would kick in and you'd double down on your initial stance.
It's the opportunity not the money. This would fit in with Andy Gray's son's tweets as well

Completely agree. Gone are the days when players just used to come for a nice pay packet, it's ambition now, and the opportunity to challenge for trophies, which ultimately, is what you play football for. Neither Villa nor Tottenham can offer that, which ever way the media or rival fans try to spin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.