It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont get this growing repeating of 'looks like Bernardo wants to leave'. Other than some very vague rumours very early on in the summer, there has been nothing. No links with any club, no more from 'sources that know his neighbours'. Certainly nothing from the player at any point.

The longer and later into the window without any further rumours or claims, to me, the Less it looks like he wants to leave, not more as we make out. And even if he does, a club needs to come up with an acceptable offer to make it happen.

I also don't agree with this 'he has been poor the last two seasons' distilling of it. He was great at least half of last season. The half that really mattered, when kev got injured, he stepped up along with gundo, and we went on that run. He wasn't his best for a part of it early on, but which of our players were at that point. The season before he was more inconsistent, but only in comparison to the centurions season which was outstanding. He is still a damn good player, contributes a big part, and will be missed when he leaves, if that happens.

None of that is related to Grealish btw, for clarity.
I don’t think people have said he has been poor just not quite as good as the season before.
No one is trying to dump Bernardo out the side but it’s not a travesty to refresh the team by replacing him with grealish.
Bernardo was not first choice for pep for a lot of last season. Even when he was well rested.

I don’t think people have said he has been poor just not quite as good as the season before.
No one is trying to dump Bernardo out the side but it’s not a travesty to refresh the team by replacing him with grealish.
Bernardo was not first choice for pep for a lot of last season. Even when he was well rested.

A few have.

Don't disagree with the rest.

Bernardo has not been the same player since the Fa fined him for that alleged racism against Mendy. We all know it wasnt but it hurt him badly and think this is a reason he wants to go to another country

Only if bernardo leaves will we be able to speak honestly about his performances for the last 2 seasons which have been subpar.. But people can't let that 3-2 game vs liverpool in 2019 go

and with all due respect to sterling's sublime tournament he needs to prove once more he can put the last season behind him and preform to the level he's clearly capable of. i believe in him but he has to recognize how much of a liability he was on the pitch whenever he played for basically most of the season!

We don't win the league last season without Bernie.

He was immense for the last four months.

His performance away at Aston Villa is one of the finest I have seen from any City player in the last decade.

It was ten men and on a similar par to the ten man show Dave put on at Hull City.

Great player, great guy.

I just dont get this growing repeating of 'looks like Bernardo wants to leave'. Other than some very vague rumours very early on in the summer, there has been nothing. No links with any club, no more from 'sources that know his neighbours'. Certainly nothing from the player at any point.

The longer and later into the window without any further rumours or claims, to me, the Less it looks like he wants to leave, not more as we make out. And even if he does, a club needs to come up with an acceptable offer to make it happen.

I also don't agree with this 'he has been poor the last two seasons' distilling of it. He was great at least half of last season. The half that really mattered, when kev got injured, he stepped up along with gundo, and we went on that run. He wasn't his best for a part of it early on, but which of our players were at that point. The season before he was more inconsistent, but only in comparison to the centurions season which was outstanding. He is still a damn good player, contributes a big part, and will be missed when he leaves, if that happens.

Spot on pal.

Bernardo is an important cog in our machine,he could still be integral.This false narrative,that has bizarrely gathered pace,that he has been poor for a prolonged period is utter bollocks.

His performance away at Aston Villa is one of the finest I have seen from any City player in the last decade.

It was ten men and on a similar par to the ten man show Dave put on at Hull City.

Great player, great guy.
Agree completely. He suffers hugely when De Bruyne plays because most things go through him, so Bernardo plays the supporting role perfectly.

I can't think of many other supremely talented number 10s who sacrifice themselves for the team quite as much. I'd be gutted to see him go.

Great player, great guy.
Is it true though he genuinely wants out do you know?

Fact is someone has to leave if kane is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.