It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just needs time imo, it's a huge step up from him fighting relegation with Bournemouth to the very top of the table with big competition. I think the coaches do appreciate him and think he can be a valuable asset.
I mean, we've had a lot of City players since Pep arrived who don't look the part in their first season, only to really step up at a later point.

I'm fearful this is an example of fans not learning their lesson here. Of course until Aké does make that step up, people are going to say what they're saying, ok no problem. But still..

I can see Laporte pushing heavily for the Madrid move and Pep has basically called Laporte out on more than one occasion for his attitude so I don’t think pep stands in his way. Big loan fee and obligation to buy.

There’s no such thing.
What you describe as a season long “loan with an obligation to buy“ can’t be a loan because the player ain’t never coming back and the receiving club is obliged to ultimately pay in full for the player.
What you’ve described is actually a sale with a staggered payment profile.

Lots of sales have staggered payments so it’s best just described as a sale.

There’s no such thing.
What you describe as a season long “loan with an obligation to buy“ can’t be a loan because the player ain’t never coming back and the receiving club is obliged to ultimately pay in full for the player.

Right. Well describe it how you want. You are right, it is a sale except we get a few million up front and more later.

There’s no such thing.

Pedantic

In all fairness, I was actually trying to point you in the right direction because you were labouring under a misapprehension and thereby misleading others.
That’s what the nice people do on this forum and most folk a grateful for it.

And you may not like being helped but at least you now recognise the huge and readily apparent difference between a loan and a sale . . and ok so it’s a very obvious difference but that was all the more reason to help a fellow blue.

Oh, and when someone’s so obviously wrong in what they say it’s not being pedantic to help them to understand some basic principles so that they don’t look daft.
Being pedantic is splitting hairs where there’s hardly any difference whatsoever.
So now you also know the difference between a loan and a sale and the difference between being helpful and being pedantic.
Which I presume from your first spitty response will probably drive you to spit another fundamentally incorrect and embarrassingly ungracious response.

There’s no such thing.

I think it is deemed a loan as the registration would stay with us.

In all fairness, I was actually trying to point you in the right direction because you were labouring under a misapprehension and thereby misleading others.

And you may not like being helped but at least you now recognise the huge and readily apparent difference between a loan and a sale . . and ok so it’s a very obvious difference but that was all the more reason to help a fellow blue.

Oh, and when someone’s so obviously wrong in what they say it’s not being pedantic to help them to understand some basic principles so that they don’t look daft.
Being pedantic is splitting hairs where there’s hardly any difference whatsoever.
So now you also know the difference between a loan and a sale and the difference between being helpful and being pedantic.
Which I presume from your first spitty response will probably drive you to spit another fundamentally incorrect and embarrassingly ungracious response.
It wasn't even me that did the post. Chill your beans cocka.

I think it is deemed a loan as the registration would stay with us.

Why would we retain the registration if the players staying at his new club?

And regardless, in a circumstance where a player is staying put at the receiving club / never coming back, it’s not a loan and can’t be a loan because there’s no return and the clubs accounts will state the future income - as happens in sales where staged payments are received, which was what was described . . as a loan.

Its a loan he is still a city player until they paid an agreed fee at that time he becomes their player and signs a contract with them. He may never return but he is still under contract to City and playing under the terms of that contract so its a loan not a sale. Your welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.